“Excellent Cavan Crystal Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Cavan Crystal Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dublin Road, Cavan, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Cavan
Wexford
“Excellent Cavan Crystal Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed in The Cavan Crystal hotel and found it to be very good.the room was very clean and all facilities in the room was excellent.
Water was hot for the bath and bed was very comfy. Also there was no rush to check out on sunday morning. We had Dinner in the Bar and the Fish/Chips are definately the best ever...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Joe O, General Manager at Cavan Crystal Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Hi,
Thank you for your very positive review of the Cavan Crystal Hotel following your visit to us.
I was delighted to hear that you found everything satisfactory and enjoyable and I will pass on your generous comments to our staff.
I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back.
In the meantime thank you again for your feedback.

321 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and found the staff as friendly & helpful as usual, particularly Emma & Ruth.

We where put in a suite this year and it what's great.

Have to agree that the food in the bar was slightly below par but dinner in the dining room was very good and the service was prompt and efficient considering the room was full. .

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hi,
I was delighted to hear that you found the hotel as good as always during your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
It is good to note that the room, the staff and the food in the restaurant contributed to your overall enjoyment of your visit and we take on board your comment on the bar food and we will work towards improving in that area.
Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We are just back from a 1 night stay at the Cavan Crystal Hotel.
The hotel is beautiful from the outside and the lobby/ reception area is also really nice.
On check in the receptionist was very friendly and explained that our room was not ready so we went to the bar for some lunch. I choose a BLT and my husband got a pannini. Both were cold and very disappointing. The bar staff were extremely friendly also.
We had lunch and checked into our room which we found to be cold and a draft coming in the window so we tried to adjust the heating but this did not work. We had to move our babies cot away from the window where it was placed due to the draft. The TV could also do with updating. For a four star hotel it really should have a flatscreen.
We then decided to go for a swim and were informed that the pool was under normal temperature due to a fault so they advised us not to stay too long in it with our small daughter. I found the dressing rooms very cold and in need of upgrading also .
We had dinner in the hotel bar as the restaurant does not open on Sundays. We both ordered curry which we found to be tasteless and watery. We really had expected an improvement following our disappointing lunch!
We had breakfast the next morning and the hostess was very polite and there was a really good selection available. The hot breakfast was fairly average though. The pudding and sausages were not to my liking at all.
The shower in our room had no shower curtain either hence the floor was like a puddle after showering. I also seen another review about the towels. We found them to be very rough also.

This hotel has good and bad points. The exterior and bar/reception areas are really beautiful and modern and all of the staff are really friendly and polite, the tvs in the bedrooms are in need of upgrading, as is the swimming pool changing room. The really really disappointing thing for me was the food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hi Carole,
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review of our hotel after your stay with us.
I was obviously concerned to hear of the issues you found disappointing during your visit and may I apologize most sincerely for them. I would very much welcome the opportunity of discussing this with you in more detail, and to that end I would be delighted if you would contact me directly on joeobrien@cavancrystalhotel.com
In the meantime thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.
Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I lived beside this hotel for month and never thought much of it from the outside.......2 years later stayed 2 night here and i was shocked on how nice it was good staff good room and great food.....would recommend it :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe O, General Manager at Cavan Crystal Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hi,
Thank you kindly for you very positive feedback on our hotel following your stay with us.
I was delighted to hear that enjoyed your stay and that the facilities, food and the staff contributed to that.
Now that you have discovered the hotel after being so close, I hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back. In the meantime, thank you again for your review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a work trip as I had a long journey to Donegal so this was a stop of point. When I drove in I was met by an excellent looking building ( the hotel itself). Next to reception where the lady on duty made me feel welcomed as an old friend even though this was my first time staying her. Room was lovely and the bed was so comfy I nearly feel asleep before dinner. Dinner was a different story altogether. I don't know how u had never heard about the food here before as it was 5 star and was up with the best I have ever tasted. After a quite night sleep I was waken early as requested and was on my way to continue my journey very happy. One of my best hotel experiences to date

• Stayed July 2013
Joe O, General Manager at Cavan Crystal Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hi Nick,
I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Cavan Crystal Hotel and thank you for going to the trouble of giving us your very positive feedback.
It is always satisfying to know that we have met or exceeded expectations and especially in relation to the food where our staff work hard to produce excellent quality food and this is reflected in the feedback we receive.
Now that you have found us, hopefully it will not be too long before we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
In the meantime, thank you again for your review.
Co Louth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in the Cavan Crystal hotel for two nights for a special occasion, we were delighted to be upgraded to a Suite for the lenght of our stay, the room was amazing. We ate in the Opus One restaurant on our 1st night and it was one of the best meals we have had in a hotel restaurant in a long time the service was also great. The swimming pool area was very clean and tidy and the pool was very good. The bar food was also very good quality and the bar staff were excellent. We availed of breakfast to our room on both mornings and it was plentiful and tasty. Overall a wonderful stay and we will definitely be back and would definitely recommend the Cavan Crystal hotel. We also ate at the Oak Room Bistro in Cavan town centre (5 min taxi journey away) it was fantastic well worth a visit if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel enjoyable and that the facilities, staff and the food contributed to that. I have passed on your generous comments to our staff.
Hopefully you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future and we look forward to welcoming you back.
In the meantime thank you again.
Norther Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at the Cavan Crystal Hotel for 2 nights,the room was very clean & comfortable,the food was excellent. All the staff were very courteous and could not do enough for us. The swimming pool area was also very clean & tidy and again the staff were very pleasant & helpful. The wifi service was not great but this give me a break and fit to relax

Room Tip: Cavan Crystal Hotel has to be sampled.