“Quirky cafe, friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Cavan
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Nice design, clean Coffee Shop with European Menu -fresh cooked taste better
Navan
“Quirky cafe, friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I'm thinking of buying a property in Cavan and while the structural engineer was giving the house a once-over I strolled down to cafe Zebra for a green tea. The cafe caught my eye on the way to the house as it had tables and chairs out on the pavement due to the good weather! Well, when I went inside I was struck first by the kiddies corner (there's a huge blackboard section on the wall where some little artists had expressed themselves!), then by the decor & cleanliness. They had a huge range of (freshly baked) rolls, soups, and crepes amongst others. I chose a multigrain roll with French brie, red onion marmalade and salad. It was absolutely delicious....and it came with home-made coleslaw and a some fresh greens; all for (wait for it...) €3!!! I kid you not!!! Add on my green tea for another €1.50! I'm telling you, it would have been rude not to...!
I really hope my house comes through, not least because it's so close to the cafe. I will definitely be going there again. Both the owner and the other staff member were so lovely, very friendly and wanted to make sure the food was up to scratch. They didn't have to worry. The whole experience was lovely. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for fresh, tasty food at really cheap prices. I wish the guys nothing but the best
PS it has FREE Wifi (just ask staff member for password)

• Polish first
Dublin
“great grub and lovely service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

had a lovely burcnh here. The grub was excellent and the service top notch. The omelettes were yummy and the pancakes with sugar and lemon very tasty. It was a family meal and the kids really enjoyed the play area, which is a brill idea. This is a gem of a restaurant. Incredibly child friendly, great value and the food is really fresh and tasty. The service was fast and the waiter was so polite and lovely. And I was delighted to see that the toilets were spotless. We were very glad we decided to drop into Cafe Zebra. It's a great addition to Cavan town

Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland
“The perfect place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We popped into Cavan to have a look around and found this super cafe - we were served by Peter who was the perfect host and shortly after ordering we were tucking into these works of art!

The food was fantastic and very well priced, also the interior design had such a clean and comfortable feel which made us all feel very relaxed.
The next time we are in Cavan we will be visiting the Café Zebra for sure.

Cavan, Ireland
“Excellent place to eat. Best in Cavan bar none!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Heard some good reviews about this cafe so decided to visit it with my wife.
Simple food done excellent. Unassuming staff who just know how to expertly cook food. From French onion soup to pasta dishes and crepes, this is one place to visit and then revisit.
There is nothing in Cavan like this!!!

Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
“A pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

To be quite honest,I stumbled across this cafe !! My wife and I had taken an impromptu 4 day break with 2 friends and were homeward bound when a nature break beckoned for 3 of the party.
I was immediately struck by the cleanliness of the place,as a visit to the toilet is always a good indication of the overall hygiene standards.To cut a long story short....all 4 of us enjoyed our food immensely...we were also struck by the attention to detail of both menu and decor.If you are in Cavan,you could do an awful lot worse than try Cafe Zebra!

• Visited June 2013