“Great place to dine” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 6 Restaurants in Straffan
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: new oriental restaurant within the K Club Hotel.
Straffan, Kildare, Ireland
“Great place to dine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

Had a lovely meal in the K Club restaurant. Michelle, the restaurant manager was very helpful, brilliant at her job, lovely personality.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff and big portions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I dined here whilst we were staying at the K Club. We fancied something a bit different to the traditional fayre that was offered at the hotel so settled for this.

We loved the interior of the restaurant, it was well presented and calming. We found the relaxing ambience just perfect.

It's not strictly a Thai restaurant, more of a South East Asian restaurant where they serve Thai/Malay/Chinese food but the food was good. Their green curries are lovely.. but watch out.. portion sizes are huge! I had a starter of ribs which was enormous and managed about a quarter of my main.

Waitress was lovely as well and made sure we had everything we needed, checked on our food. Fantastic!

Would definitely come back!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kildare
“Kwan Suk Restaurant very poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Organised dinner in the Kwan Suk, K Club for a 25th Wedding anniversary. Took over an hour for first course to arrive. Main meal arrived before starter! Beef salad was very sour and fries very soggy. Waitress apologized for delay but irrelevant. Definitely would not go back.

Belgium
“Totally overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am staying the K-Club apartments, courtesy of my brother who has one here. Decided to eat in this restaurant as there is very little choice in Straffan. There was a menu in the apartment but the pricing on that menu for residents was vastly different to the one we were handed on our arrival at the Restaurant. There was a difference of 4 euro for starters and at least 7 or 8 euro for Mains. My son, would not be a very fussy eater but he knows what he likes. There was a Duck Chow Mein on the menu and I asked could the Duck be substituted for Chicken - surely if the food was being prepared freshly, there should not be a problem. The waitress came back and said, No, it could not be done. So he ordered another dish that he did not really want. The starters were very poor, Spring Rolls and Chicken Satay. Wine was about 7 euro per glass. The 4 Main dishes came and were very unappetising looking. I had the Thai Green Curry, which was the best of the lot. Husband's lamb tasted "off" and my 2 sons were not impressed. When the waitress came to clear our table, she did not ask if everything had been OK. Not that it would have made a difference if we had said that we were not happy. I am Irish, but am visiting for the summer. Ireland is a total rip off and it is very hard to find a good restaurant. I would avoid this restaurant. Actually the whole area around the K-Club seems to be fading. Very few people around and no-one on the Golf Course and this is a Bank Holiday weekend.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kildare, Ireland
“Gone downhill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was originally going to come on here to sing the praises of this restaurant but sadly that is not the case. We had been here before in October 2011 and loved it, the food, atmosphere. We couldn't have faulted it. But our most recent visit was shockingly bad. There were too many things wrong to write them down here. I had read the most recent reviews on here before going and thought they sound a bit strange but they are accurate. I spoke with a friend after we had been there and they have said the same thing.

This restaurant once was a good place but it has gone downhill and is dragging the name of the K-club downhill by being associated with it. I have written to the k-club about it so will be interested to see what response I get back.

• Visited July 2013