“Most Memorable Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Kildare Hotel at The K Club

You added The Kildare Hotel at The K Club to your Saves list
The Kildare Hotel at The K Club
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Straffan, Ireland (Formerly The Kildare Hotel, Spa & Country Club)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Straffan
Dublin, Ireland
“Most Memorable Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I booked this hotel for a special anniversary. I ordered the Liffey Suite but when we arrived we were brought to the Imperial Suite. I thought it was a mistake and the very nice lady said that it was a complimentary upgrade. I have never seen such an amazing suite. The living room was size enough for a travelling rugby team. We had two bathrooms, walk in wardrobe, a SAUNA, a kitchen (which I wasn't going to be using), our own balcony overlooking the scenic grounds and the most comfortable kingsize bed:-) I felt like such a princess! Food was amazing, staff so friendly and helpful, beautiful spa and scenery. I couldn't fault a thing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TheKClub, General Manager at The Kildare Hotel at The K Club, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Aine N

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to enjoy the facilities here at The K Club

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Dundalk, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We have just returned from an overnight break in the K club. Both my husband and I found the whole experience from arrival to departure excellent. Our room was lovely and as the weather was excellent on our arrival we went for a long walk around the hotel, grounds and clubhouse. We had dinner in the restaurant in the evening and found the food lovely and the staff very friendly especially Emma, very helpful making us both feel very special. I would definitely recommend this hotel and we hope to return....Thanks again everyone!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Finonola

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The K Club.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay so much, and got to see a lot of our grounds. I am delighted to pass on your kind words about our staff in the restaurant.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The K Club again in the very near future.

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Me, my husband and our ten month old baby stayed in K Club over Easter break. We found hotel to be very luxurious, cosy, met all our needs. It has lovely walks, beautiful gardens, children play area, great golf course. Rooms are beautiful and large, big bathroom with voya products. Hotel has great art collection and beautiful antiques. Staff were nice but a bit slow in some departments like bringing bags, food, drinks , baby cot. Overall great hotel, would come back again.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Jrpk

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The K Club. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that you explored our grounds.

I am disappointed to see that you felt service was slow during your visit - I will follow this up with the relevant departments.

I hope that I get to welcome you back to The K Club again in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Having stayed in many 5 star hotels throughout Ireland, the K Club, in my opinion, really needs to review the dining experience offered to customers. The maitre di was condescending on arrival, informing us that we were basically late!! We were led to a table, not seated, had to place our serviette on our knees, request drinks on several occasions, water and wine were not topped up by staff. No staff member checked was everything satisfactory, throughout the 3 hours we were seated!! It was definitely not 5 star... When the maitre di was asked politely if he could take a photograph of the party, as it was a special occasion, he replied, maybe when the restaurant was quieter later on, this was at roughly 10pm... The restaurant was not busy... The attitude of staff, left an aftertaste, the food however was good, but overall a 3 star experience, in a 5 star hotel. On a lighter note, the kids club is great, children really enjoyed it, Easter egg hunt was disappointing, and disorganised, and left children disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014
TheKClub, General Manager at The Kildare Hotel at The K Club, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Rjwk12345

Thank you very much for taking the time to post an online review after your recent stay.

Firstly I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us over Easter.

We are very sorry to read how disappointed you were with the service in our restaurant and this is something we have followed up internally. I was pleased to read that the you enjoyed certain aspects of the hotel but concerned to read that parts of your stay were not so enjoyable. If there are further details you would like to share with me, I would be delighted to hear from you and I can be contacted directly at the hotel at audrey.brophy@kclub.ie

I hope the experience will not deter you from revisiting us in the future and I do hope we have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again and do let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Yours sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

It looked great online. That was the last time I can use the word great in this review. From the welcome to the food to the bedroom to the staff, it was pretty much awful. It emcompassed all that was wrong with the vulgarian celtic tiger years and is trading on a reputation propagated by the ignorant fake borgeousie of a brief boom period. The woman who greeted us told us off for not having booked a room in advance - like we were trying to get a table in Nobu on a Saturday night in the 90s (When the hotel was half empty). The room was freezing and the fire didn't work. The food was gone off and when I had the temerity to complain they simply reheated it and sent it back! (without the gone off portion of rice). It wasn't all bad. There was a very nice man who drove the golf cart from hotel to restaurant. The river is very pretty. Breakfast was actually great. Thats the best thing I can say about it. I wouldn't bother.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great staff very friendly and helpful couldn't do enough for us during our stay. Fantastic facilities rooms immaculate more than 5 star hotel.
Breakfast wasnt the best but all in all its a lovely hotel. Beautiful location great scenery and great for a relaxing break away. The spa is just amazing.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear amy201425

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel great for a relaxing break.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Belfast NIreland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I treated ourselves to an early Christmas present in December 2013 and availed of a special offer to the K Club. It was unadulterated luxury in every respect with beautiful accommodation, great food and wonderful staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
TheKClub, General Manager at The Kildare Hotel at The K Club, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear MaryConnolly

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your visit with us.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Kildare Hotel at The K Club? Share your experiences!