“Excellent! 5/5. And will defintly be making a return trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 75 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: THE YELLOW PEPPER ENJOYS THE ULTIMATE CUSTOMERS APPROVAL ITS ALWAYS BUSY. THE RESTAURNT RECENTLY REFURBISHED AFTER A REALLY BAD FIRE IS LOCATED ON THE MAIN STREET CLOSE TO MANY BARS.THE FOOD IS CONTEMPERY WITH A GREAT EMPHAISE ON LOCAL PRODUCE FROM THE OWNERS GARDEN.
Co.Mayo
“Excellent! 5/5. And will defintly be making a return trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Last night myself and 3 others visited this restaurant. After it being recommended to us by a few people we thought we should give it a go.

On arrival we were greeted by a chap who seated us to our table. The menu read well and being a young chef and fussy eater the food around the table was second to none! The presentation was excellent with a generous sized portions.
I personally had the vegetarian option, and although just being vegetables it was cooked to perfection and tasted lovely. A well done steak was ordered on our table also, the waitress informed my cousin that it would take at least 40mins to prepare (something most restaurants dont explain to the customer). Value for money but still excellent quality food.

All staff that interacted with our table were friendly and efficient. We were checked twice or three times to see if we needed anything else. Very personable staff members also and made to feel like regular customers.

Very rarely do you find a restaurant with all the boxes ticked..This has been the only restaurant to date where I said I would have to purposely go onto tripadvisor and write a review to comment on our experience.

Well worth a visit....and we hope to return!
Impressed!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Belfast
“NOISY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

The food was great and the staff wonderful but unfortunately our night was ruined by the noise from other customers. This place suffers from a common problem with modern restaurants - too many hard surfaces for the noise to bounce off. What a pity I hadn't read the review from kfood81 - I certainly would have avoided this restaurant.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lunch for the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

We picked this restaurant for lunch on spec as we walked down the Main Street. It was very welcoming - there were three of us and a small baby and we were quickly provided with a high chair. Two of us had tapas which were very tasty and a good size ( some of he mashed potatoes went to the baby ). Another had chicken curry which was also tasty. Ambience as good as was the service. Highly recommnded

Visited August 2014
Letterkenny, Ireland
“very good monkfish and lamb”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This place was buzzing on the sat night we visited. I'm glad I booked a table for us. We didn't have starters because we reckoned we might have desserts and we did! I had monkish which was very good especially with the accompanying tomato and smoked paprika sauce. The lamb that hubby had was perfectly done and delicious. Our friend had the hake (requested hake instead of cod)on a cod risotto and it was excellent. Our sides were really tasty too. We all had desserts which were delicious and Yvette right amount. Try the rhubarb crumble with ice-cream, yummy. The wine recommended by the woman of the house was a great choice too. The service was very good and the prices reasonable. Also the atmosphere was great and the staff leave you in peace until you look for attention. The menu seems to have been improved since we were there last and is very varied. We will return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cookstown, United Kingdom
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Tried Yellow Pepper last night (Friday 15th) was very impressed with the service.
Within minutes we were sat down at a table of our choosing and a jug of water set down (we didn't even ask but I've always said you shouldn't have to) so I was very impressed! Food ordered and complimentary wheaten bread to enjoy whilst our food arrived.
I got the BBQ Bacon and Cheese Burger and my fiancé got the Beef lasagne. Mine was tasty and her's was very very filling (she hardly touched her chips on the side cause it was filling). For desert I got a nice fat chocolate brownie and my fiancé got a latte.
Staff efficient throughout clearing away empty glasses and finished plates as soon as was required.
Couple other wee facts wanted to point out. First that the menu states that food is cooked to order and can be a 20 or so minutes wait which is brilliant most restaurants don't bother saying that.
Price range ok but your paying for quality so I don't mind this at all.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere