“Single large men need not attend.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Station House Hotel Letterkenny

You added Station House Hotel Letterkenny to your Saves list
Station House Hotel Letterkenny
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lower Main St, Letterkenny, Ireland (Formerly Ramada Encore)   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Letterkenny
Certificate of Excellence 2014
donegal
“Single large men need not attend.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2006

I have just come back from the Ramada Encore hotel in Letterkenny. The Hotel is beautiful and the decor very tasteful. The bar is large and open planned.
However, the service is absymal. I waited at a table for five minutes and was not approached once. I attempted to gain the staff's attention by getting a menu myself. This proved to be a fruitless exercise as no-one came near me. As I was sitting at a high table I moved to a table more appropiate for dining. Alas, all was in vain. All that happened was that I was ignored in a new location. After having been on the premises for ten minutes without being served I took my leave. People who entered after me were served whilst I was not. I was respectfully dressed and not under the influence. The only reasons that I can think of for being ignored are as follows. The Staff have not divided the floor up properly and have left some tables unnattended. If so this is bad management. The staff may not be properly trained or experienced. As this is a new hotel that is not unexpected. However the floor manager should have at least broken the dining area down into managable blocks. My six foot two presence may have also been a factor. I did see a few staff look in my direction but then head in another. They seemed much happier looking after the elderly couples who seemed to predominate at lunchtime. So if you are on your own and male with a large stature avoid the place as it seems you will not get served.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)

Been to Station House Hotel Letterkenny? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Station House Hotel Letterkenny

Address: Lower Main St, Letterkenny, Ireland (Formerly Ramada Encore)
Location: Ireland > County Donegal > Letterkenny
#2 Business Hotel in Letterkenny
#2 Romantic Hotel in Letterkenny
#5 Family Hotel in Letterkenny
Hotel Class:3 star — Station House Hotel Letterkenny 3*
Professional family run boutique style hotel located in the heart of Letterkenny. Conveniently located within walking distance from the high street shopping area, theatre, multi screen cinema and all the culture and night life that makes Letterkenny such a delight. Offering year round entertainment, Letterkenny is the perfect base for exploring the diversity and magnificent beauty of County Donegal. We endeavour to provide you with an unforgettable stay, let our family take care of your family! We look forward to welcoming you soon... ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Station House Hotel Letterkenny reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Letterkenny
Letterkenny Ramada

If you own or manage Station House Hotel Letterkenny, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.