“Good central hotel” 4 of 5 stars

20% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Letterkenny
“Good central hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Good central location, staff friendly and food good. Only criticism I would have is that sound proofing in rooms might be better.(we heard our neighbour snoring all night). But all in all an enjoyable stay and would recommend it to others.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Antoinette C, General Manager at Gallaghers Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Michael W,
So delighted to read you enjoyed all the facilities in Gallagher's Hotel and with the hotel's town center location it is ideal for visitors to either use as as a touring base or for a weekend break away , both myself and my team are really pleased you had such a lovely experience with us as we look forward to welcoming you back really soon where a warm welcome awaits.

Warm regards,
Antoinette Coyle.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Cavan, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here with a few friends - Its a lovely modern hotel in the centre of the town.. Check in staff were lovely - Food was pretty good, staff were very nice and looked after us well. The only thing they charged €7.50 for a few glasses to be taken to the room!! I understand this was their policy but i was out raged being charged for a few glasses!!! I would stay here again & I would recommend this hotel..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Gallagher's for your recent stay in Letterkenny we are delighted to read that you found everything clean, and you enjoyed our food and service, it is indeed in a prime location for either business or leisure.
We do indeed provide a room service menu for food & beverages which there is a charge of €6.50 per tray, and It was disappointing to read you were charged for glasses to be delivered to your room, I apologise for any misunderstanding with the room service and we do hope to see you visit us in the very near future again.
Many thanks &
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Arrived for a 3 day stay had to change rooms door locks and window locks broken. From then on the hotel continually failed to meet any decent standards. Decor tired Rooms not cleaned properly, staff poor and prices high. Restaurant took ages to serve food which when served was ok however breakfast was poor. Overall a tired hotel in need of refurbishment and staff that needs to remember who is paying their wages.

• Stayed September 2013
Antoinette C, General Manager at Gallaghers Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear MickeyP33,
Thank you for your feedback, however I find your review very confusing, as I myself actually served you your dinner on one of the evenings which is cooked from fresh ingredients to order and as there was steaks depending on how they are cooked can take a little longer, and I then spoke with you again about your day on another occasion had you been anywhere nice? or to an attraction such as a sea drive but you had informed me you all had gone shopping, I feel you had ample opportunity to mention any grievance you may have had whilst you were here and I would have been delighted to rectify any problems you may have had, as you said you had a problem with the door lock and we had no hesitation in moving you to a different room, as you were on a package from Leisure Breaks NI which included Complimentary accommodation for 3 nights with a minimal charge for dinner and breakfast I feel your comments are not giving a true picture as one of the manager's actually asked you on checkout and all you mentioned was about the pillows not being fixed a certain way by housekeeping and you commented on the door lock as I have said previously it is such a pity as I would have been more than delighted and also my team would have preferred to amend things whilst you were here and I am sorry we were not given the chance to do so.
Many thanks,
nothern ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

lovely modern hotel in the centre of the town.. great food and staff. ideal for people lookin for a close base to explore the town especially the night life and local shops. we stopped in it for a brief overnight stay on route home from further south. would be perfect for stags and hens due to close nature of clubs and pubs. carpark is beneath the hotel which is also handy too. the breakfast and meal we had couldn't have been better.

Room Tip: higher rooms would be a quieter due to proximity of nitelife
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Emaigh,
Thank you for such a lovely review, and I appreciate your feedback recommending the hotels facilities and delighted to hear you enjoyed the food at both breakfast and dinner, and our team of staff here are so pleased by your comments as they do focus on the guests and I hope we get the opportunity to give you another warm welcome in the near future.
Londonderry
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at Gallagher's the night of Saturday 31st. I really like town of Letterkenny and this hotel is nice in terms of decor and excellently situated. However, our room was next door to some very undesirable guests and we were subjected to the night from hell. Of course, the hotel cannot preempt the sort of people who are going check into its rooms; however, the way the staff dealt with this situation was appalling. Our neighbours held the entire first floor to ransom by shouting, screaming, banging and knocking on doors, running amok through the corridors, shouting to people on the street, trashing the room and sneaking in people from outside from midnight until half seven in the morning. Despite receiving complaints from several of guests, (two strong worded calls from ourselves at various points through out the sleepless night) the staff made little attempt to quell our dissatisfaction and remove these people. Why would Gallaghers wish to have such inappropriate and threatening guests ruining its reputation? They need to consider the needs of civilised paying customers who come to the hotel for a retreat and not, as we ended up, to be subjected to chavvy and violent behaviour. We left Gallaghers feeling less rested than when we arrived,and paid almost one hundred pounds for the privilege.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Antoinette C, General Manager at Gallaghers Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear ML,

Thank you for your review, can you contact me directly in regards to your recent stay.
gm@gallaghershotel.com

00353749122066
Killala co Mayo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Letterkenny is a great town and Gallaghers Hotel a great Hotel to stay in. The staff are excellent and also is the service. I would recomend this Hotel to anyone.The bar facilities were good and also the food was great.

Room Tip: We were in a back room overlooking the carpark. It was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Antoinette C, General Manager at Gallaghers Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
02/09/2013
Thank you Noreen for your feedback on your recent stay in Letterkenny, really delighted to read your comments and recommendations on our food and staff and indeed Letterkenny. We are ideally located and Letterkenny has a lot to offer all visitors.
Many thanks again Noreen and hope to see you back with us again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was very disappointed in Gallagher's Hotel for a number of reasons, I am a vegetarian and look forward to my hash browns when staying in a hotel, on the morning while being served breakfast I went to the hot counter, the woman serving was very cold and unfriendly without so much as a smile or 'Good Morning', she put the last two hash browns at the bottom of the barrel dribbling with grease on the person's plate in front of me, I then asked her do they have more hash browns and she coldly, flatly said 'no'. This was early in the morning, I paid big money to stay there, she could easily have put on a few hash browns for me.
The bath and shower was tiny and the shower curtain would stick to my skin while trying to have a shower, there was no space to move around without escaping the clinging wet shower curtain. They charged E6.50 'corkage fee' if you wanted to order ice or glasses to your room, any other hotel wouldn't be so mean. We were staying on the third floor and the signs in and outside the lift were so confusing we were set on a wild goose chase to try make our way to the restaurant level. I stay in hotels frequently and will be returning to Letterkenny soon but will definitely be going to a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
02/09/2013
Dear Angela,
I am very disappointed to read your review, I apologize sincerely on your breakfast experience, I do find this very unusual as we have a breakfast chef on duty from 6.30 am right through and they continually cook off fresh supplies of all items to top on a regular basis each day so they are freshly done and not sitting a long time but if we failed to deliver on this occasion please accept my full apology.
We do use our 3rd floor and you can access it from the front passenger lift or the rear passenger lift and that directly takes you to all levels which can be accessed from the car park also I am sorry you found this confusing.
Please do not hesitate to contact me I would like to be given the opportunity to restore your faith in Gallagher's Hotel in the future,
Many thanks& Kind Regards,
Antoinette Coyle
gm@gallaghershotel.com
0749122066

Been to Gallaghers Hotel? Share your experiences!