Stayed for 2 nights,got to room late in the afternoon,problem with hot water for shower,rang reception,got fobbed off saying it would be sorted within an half hour,1 hour later still not sorted rang again,to be told another half hour....waited and still no hot water,rang again and was told it will take a bit longer,but in fairness got offered the temporary use of another room.Why could we not of had this room in the first place.
Tryed to get wifi,but it was not working at the weekend and the guy wasn't due round to fix it until monday morn,(did see him working at it on Mon morn),worked for an hour or 2 then went down again for the rest of the day,bit peed off at that.
Went down to bar for food,plenty of staff running around,but had to go to bar to get service...got a guy to serve some drinks and bring down a menu,then sat there for another while with no attention from staff for food order...called the attention of young girl,who in turn said she will get someone else to serve us...guess it wasnt her patch.Kept watching to see staff slightly disorganised,not as if the place was busy,then a Polish girl came and took the order.The food was not too bad,carrots a little cold though,had to order more gravy.
Gotta say the breakfast was good,maybe too much, didnt want 2 sausages or 2 bacon,guess some people may want this,fried eggs need to be soft, please(pet hate).
All in all,it was pretty good value for money, bar restaurant staff need to be more attentive,have a bit off a smile on their faces as I got the impression they didnt enjoy doing what they do.Rooms at front of building suffer a little bit of road noise,but it wasnt that troubling.Rooms are very good for the money with little adjacent room noise as they are solidly built.....Some corridor noise from wedding party,but was promptly sorted with a phone call to reception at 2am.I would possibly return and hope the management take on board these comments,to make this place even better,as there is room for improvement...........Thanks
- Also Known As:
- Silver Tassie Hotel Letterkenny
- Silver Tassie Hotel And Spa
- Silver Tassie Letterkenny
- Hotel Silver Tassie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa is only a 5 minute drive from the town of Letterkenny and a 15 minute drive from Rathmullan Beach. Renowned for excellent service and award winning food the hotel has everything you need to make your stay memorable including DVD players in the bedrooms and complimentary library of DVD's and books. Sample our specialty Seaweed baths in our Seascape Spa, just one of the many treatments & ways to relax. Golf courses, surfing, walking, horse riding and Glenveagh National, are a short drive from the Hotel. An ideal base to tour the North West Coast with Derry City only 33km away. Free WIFI access in most areas of the hotel. Hotel guests can avail of complimentary use of the Aura Leisure Centre Swimming Pool which is ten minutes from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.