I've stayed here a few years ago o a leisure trip with friends and found it expensive but comfortable and welcoming. My recent visit in August left a lot to be desired -with one exception. I booked under my club carlson account (I often stay with Radisson in Europe) for one night at the usual higher then normal price one expects to pay for RB. The value for money fell short. Upon arrival at 2.30pm my wife and two young kids were told we would need to wait for the room to be prepared. The front desk suggested we waited in the bar and they would call us. After an hour, our toddler who badly needed sleep went nuts. The staff did nothing but glare. Upon checking with the the desk, it turned out the the room had been ready for a while. It seemed they never bothered to notify us.
The room was a little outdated and grimey. The heat was phenomenal. There was no aircon and the extractor fan in the toilet did not work. A desk fan left in the wardrobe was broken. The matress was extremely noisey and our kids woke anytime we moved during the night. The toilet bowel was filthy and the clamp for the shower head was cracked and broken. It fell out and hit me on the head twice, my wife once and barely missed my kids when they were in the bath. (Pics uploaded for reference)
In general, I would not rate this hotel highly; to have the Radisson Blu brand is a joke. It's overpriced and stuffy. The decor is outdated and tired. The fittings are worn out and grubby.
The main reason I don't offer one star and give it two? The guy who served us dinner (I believe his name was Damien) was excellent. His customer service and charisma were super. He was friendly to our kids and was poilte and professional. Hopefully his skills and persona will infect the front of house staff during his tenure. Well done sir and sincere apologies if I got your name wrong. Please feel free to contact me if you ever need a reference on LinkedIn or any other medium.
In summary, it's a pity to see a nice spot go into decline.
All the best for your future, Radisson Letterkenny; we most likely wont be featuring in it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny is designed in a contemporary Irish style, with the comfort of both business and leisure guests in mind. The superior 4-star hotel features 114 modern, bright bedrooms, a restaurant, bar, grill, leisure centre, ample parking and complimentary high speed internet access. The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Letterkenny town, within walking distance of shopping areas, cinema, theatre, bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny Hotel Letterkenny
- Radisson Hotel Letterkenny
- Radisson Letterkenny
- Radisson Sas Letterkenny
- Letterkenny Radisson