“Top Class” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: At Sargasso we only source the best quality local produce from local farms and butchers in our surrounding area and fresh seafood from the pier in Killybegs.Head Chef Martin Hernandez cooks everything from scratch in house from stocks for sauces to our fresh breads and delicious desserts.
Ballina, Ireland
“Top Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Celebrated my recent graduation from LYIT in this beautiful restaurant, my family travelled up for the occasion, I was so proud of my academic achievement and in my choice of venue, The food was delicious and service was brilliant, Even the little details like our menus scrolled and tied in gold like our college scroll, added to the occasion. All of my family were very impressed and really enjoyed the evening. If you're in Letterkenny please treat yourself to a meal at Sargasso

“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good service but overall the food was a let down ,myself and my partner had excellent starters but the main left a lot to be desired as my girlfriends duck was cremated and very chewy ,sent it back and again received over cooked duck . We will give it another go as the owner operator was very professional and made us feel very welcome .

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
donegal
“Fantastic Food & Friendly Athmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have dined on a number of occasions at Sargasso and really love the food creation from first principles. For far too long restaurants have gotten away with bland mass produced food with "bought in" starters & desserts- Not so with Sargasso which offers the unmistakable fantastic taste of Irish Food cooked fresh to order. With a lovely range of starters mains & desserts with a dedication to locally sourced ingredients all cooked to order and complemented with a really decent but very affordable wine list Sargasso raises the bar when it comes to having a nice meal out in Letterkenny in the ambience of the warm friendly athmosphere. Try it and you will love it and return again & again! Gus O Driscoll Kilmacrennan.

“Lovely restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Went in on a Sunday night with some trepidation as had been refused on an earlier occasion without a reservation- read some pretty negative reviews- so was prepared to be less than satisfied-quite the opposite food was lovely service was quick professional and friendly good value was observed- the only odd thing was the crowd or the total lack of it. Now I hate being squashed so I had no problem there- I just fear for the future of this fine establishment with just us two and another couple in the place- people we need to get out supporting our local restaurants unless we want to go back to chips and brown sauce- or worse- having to cook ourselves!!!!! :-)

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Donegal
“Wonderful Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Enjoyed a wonderful night in Sargasso with a group of friends & can't rate it highly enough, from the nice selection of homemade breads, starters, mains, desserts all were so tasty and everyone in the group were singing its praises. A great selection on the menu & my own choices were king scallops with black pudding & 10 oz steak all beautifully presented & cooked to perfection & real homemade chunky chips and the peppercorn sauce was the best I've ever tasted, for dessert I had apple crumble which was just divine & a beautiful Pinot Grigio & Rioja to go with it. Great relaxed atmosphere in such beautiful surroundings, friendly attentive staff & above all fantastic food what more can you ask for! It was my first time there but will be back again very soon, keep up the good work & thanks for not rushing us out in the late hours as the craic & wine were just too good!