“Won't return” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“Won't return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

A group of us recently ate in this establishment.. Restaurant was so cold, we had to leave our coats on for the duration of the meal. The food quality was okay, not spectacular though. Portion sizes were tiny!.. Be warned that a main course portion is twice the size of a starter portion but over three times the price! The man on the till who took payment for our meal was unfriendly and extremely rude. I won't return.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Mullingar, Ireland
“Wonder India Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

A great india restaurant. Everything was perfect. Starters of Veg Samosa, followed by lamb balti, and some house wine. while I had a champ potatoe followed by Chicken Tiikka Masala

Visited July 2012
Byron Bay, Australia
“Good value and a nice meal (vegetarian friendly)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The chilli shaker looks nice and the staff are polite. They had a good early bird special on if you dine before 7 on weekdays. We choose to order from the menu and it was still pretty good value. We both had starters, mains, a couple of drinks and a naan bread for a little over 50 euro.

I had the onion bhajee and while it was nice it was a little bland and would have been a lot nicer with some sort of dipping sauce along with it. My husband had the chicken chat and loved it.

The vegetarian selections come as either a side or a main so I was happy I could have two sides for the same price as one main giving me more variety. The portion sizes were generous too for sides. My mains were nice but the vegetables in my vegetable korma were over cooked, but they may be catering to the Irish tastes and had done that on purpose? I was also a little disappointed that my mater panir didn't appear to have much panir in it, it was tasty enough though. My husband had chicken tikka masala for his main and was happy with that.

Our garlic naan was also lovely and the house wine was quite nice too. We were not too keen on the dessert selections (mostly cheesecake or ice cream) but couldn't really fit it in anyway as the portion sizes for our meals were generous enough.

Overall it was good value with both of us having starters, mains, drinks and the naan bread for a little over 50 euro.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Great food all round but the tandoori pawn dish is amazing..

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A little taste of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have eaten in Chilli Shaker many times and always meant to post a review but never got round to it ! I ate there last night and I have to say it was fantastic .. The restaurant/ decor is really lovely, the staff are excellent and the good is to die for ... I'm a huge fan of Indian food and this is as good as it gets .. I'm so lucky this great restaurant is on my doorstep :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere