“very friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Derry, United Kingdom
“very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed in this hotel in feb last great food' the steak 10oz was cooked a1 it had a great flavour the beds were very comfy. the whole family used the pool temp just right and the hot tub. the manager terry I think couldn't do enough. we will be back

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ErrigalSales, Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thanks a million for your positive feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Carolynne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Magherafelt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in hotel 3-5 march with hubby, groupon deal. When we arrived we were offered an upgrade and as it was my birthday we decided why not. Room 333 was fantastic, beautiful views and food was excellent. We went shopping on Tuesday (my birthday) and when we returned to the room later that evening the staff and management had left a card and chocolate strawberries for me. I thought that a lovely gesture, well done Mount Errigal will def visit again. Ps think you should be 4*. Thanks Tim & Andra

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

belfast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel last weekend in suite 306 wasnt told there was an irish dancing competition on when arrived couldnt get parked my wife is visual emperred so couldnt get parked on a disabled parking spot took us about 30mins to get parked the room we booked was lovely went down to the bar that night and was very rowdy next morning we were waken with children running up and down the corridor this was at 6 30 am complained to the reception next morning same thing had to phone down and complain when we checked out all we got was sorry this was not good enough very disappointed in are stay at this hotel have to give it a poor rating

• Stayed March 2014
ErrigalSales, Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I'm really sorry to read that everything got off to a very bad start with the parking spaces, I can totally understand your frustration. I'm delighted to hear you were happy with your room.
We did have an Irish Dancing Feis the weekend you stayed, however, in previous years it was not particularly busy, however, this year, the attendance numbers seemed to be much higher than we anticipated. It is not acceptable that you were woken so early by children attending the feis and I apologise for that. With these events, we do pre warn the organisers that participants must consider the other guests in the hotel and be respectful, I'm sorry that on this occasion, this was not adhered to fully.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance in the future, I can assure you that your next stay will be enjoyable.

Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Spent a weekend with 7 friends in this hotel. The hotel was very busy as there was a feis taking place. Despite this the staff were very efficient, friendly and could not do enough to help you. The hotel itself is lovely, warm atmosphere, very clean, beautiful rooms with very comfortable beds. The food in the bar and restaurant was excellent and good value for money. We couldn't complain about anything. Will definitely return and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I'm delighted by your comments as will our entire team be.

Please come back again soon!
Bellaghy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Had a fabulous weekend once again at the Mount Errigal , this is the secong time myself and my husband have stayed here! Complimentary upgeade as return customers very much appreciated! Rooms luxurious and spotless clean, cant be faulted! This stay we ate in the hotel bar, the food was wonderful and very reasonable! We will definately return, it is now our go to hotel!

Room Tip: Executive room was fantastic
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks a million for your positive feedback, we are delighted that we managed to impress you for the second time.
We look forward to your return!

tyrone
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

it is a decent hotel. location isnt great as regards the night life in letterkenny but for some this would be a bonus. breakfast was nice. hot water was an issue in the room. staff were friendly & helpful.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your positive review, it is great to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I'm sorry to hear about the hot water, I will certainly look into this.

Come again soon!

Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel was very disappointing from the beginning of our stay until the end.

When we arrived the receptionist allowed another customer to skip the queue ahead of us because she said that their request would take less time. Then when she came back she answered the phone while we were just left standing there for a further 15 minutes. You don't answer the phone when you have a customer right in front of you waiting!

The food in the bar was truly terrible, the "gourmet" burger had no seasoning and the cheese was like a piece of melted plastic on top, the chips were undercooked and hard. Had I not been starving I wouldn't have eaten a bite. There didn't seem to be much point sending it back either as my partners meal was also awful so I'm guessing it wasn't a fluke.

Then we asked reception for a corkscrew to open a bottle of wine we had taken with us and instead of finding one for us she told us to go and ask the bar as they might have one. They told us that we would have to bring our bottles down to the bar to have them opened which was fine except when we came back down they informed us there was a £10 corkage per bottle-to drink in our room. I refused this as there was a lidl nearby and I could get 10 corkscrews for that amount of money. A staff member then ran after us and claimed that actually it was ok for them to open the bottles, as if he was doing us some great favour.

The beds were hard and the pillows were hard. I have never had such a bad nights sleep in a hotel.

The one bright spot was the salon which was staffed by a very pleasant woman and I would heartily recommend her.

On my departure I was asked how my stay was which wasn't an easy question to answer because you don't want to tell someone their business is awful but I relayed some of my issues and was told that I would get a free upgrade if I were to stay again. Honestly even if it were free and you paid my petrol money I wouldn't visit this hotel again.

Having read some of the other bad reviews I can see the manager seems to be extremely defensive, sarcastic and rude. Not a great way to deal with valid criticisms.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time out to review your recent stay with us, firstly, I'd like to apologise for the issues you encountered. I think it's best if I deal with each of your issues separately.

I was disappointed to read that your experience at reception was not that of a typical experience our guests have. Our reception team is usually commended for its warm welcome and attention, so I apologise that you did not have the opportunity to enjoy this. As regards answering the phone whilst at the front desk, if for example the other receptionist has nipped to the ladies or is on a break, sometimes this is unavoidable. It should only ever take a few seconds to transfer the call to the right department or to reservations office.

I'm also sorry to read that you did not enjoy your meal in the bar. Our burgers are all freshly made & cooked on the Josper Grill, the Josper is renowned for its unique taste and for how quickly it cooks lean meats, if you were not happy with yours, a few moments would have been all it would take for a new one to be provided. I understand you were really hungry & you consumed your entire meal, so perhaps that is why you didn’t want to mention anything when your server asked how it was. Again, I do apologise.

In reference to your request for a corkscrew at reception. Reception does not keep corkscrews, so it is likely that you would have been referred to the bar. We have no issue with you consuming alcohol in your room, however, should you wish to consume your bottles of wine in the bar, of course you will be charged a corkage fee. From your account, I can only assume that perhaps the bar staff member assumed you wanted to drink your alcohol in the bar, and then when he realised there was a miscommunication; he tried to rectify it with you by offering to open them free of charge for consumption in your bedroom.

You say in your review 'you don't like to tell people their business is awful', perhaps this is how you felt whilst in the hotel, however, you had no reservations about telling us publicly from the comfort of your home.
You referred to how we respond to reviews, if you read them correctly, you will see that we are always apologising profusely for any issues that are encountered by our guests. When a guest writes a review, it is only manners to deal with it, explain perhaps why the issue occurred and how such issues can be avoided in the future, so I refute that our responses are defensive, sarcastic or rude in any way.

It is not very often that we get negative feedback like yours and it is very dis heartening, especially when the guest waits until they get home to complain on this site and by that stage, it's very difficult to rectify, which is a pity.

Regards
Carolynne

Been to Mount Errigal Hotel? Share your experiences!