“Very hot!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Letterkenny
Coleraine
“Very hot!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed one night in a family room on the 6th floor. Only complaint is lack of air con...although we got a fan from the lovely receptioinst...but then how often do we get such hot weather in Ireland! Room ok...clean, everything worked...new mattresses would be nice. Leisure club looked nice although we didn't try it; breakfast fine, waiting staff helpful. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for your positive review. I'm delighted you were happy with everything. If we are lucky enough to not have to wait another 18 years for another heatwave, we will certainly look into getting air con - fingers crossed its necessary!

Carolynne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had a great time, good value for money. Room was clean and well sized although was quite warm in this unusually hot weather. Leaving the windows open all day kept it a bit cooler. Food on the family menu was very good although the kids menu was a bit limited I.e. chips with everything, a choice of pasta or pizza would be preferable. Breakfasts were good and as we were staying midweek, service at all times both from the waiting staff and bar staff were excellent. Music in the bar in the evenings could be heard in the room directly above but finished early enough not to be a problem. Pool area was spotless and nice to relax in the jacuzzi. Reception staff very friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out to review your recent stay. I'm delighted you appreciated the facilities at the hotel & you found our cleanliness impressive.
I'm sorry you were not informed that kids could have a smaller portion of the adult menu in the family carvery, allowing them a choice of a further 4 dishes to include a roast with seasonal vegetables and potatoes.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Food is great, very child friendly, bedrooms are very basic and like a sauna , no air con and only one plug in the bedrooms , so it's ether the tv or a small fan that's blowing hot air! Would think a travel lodge rooms are better

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking time out to review your stay. I'm sorry that you felt the rooms were too hot. I think we are all quite shocked at the temperatures reached during the most recent heatwave. We will certainly take your comments on board, and, should we be lucky enough to not have to wait another 18 years for another heatwave, we will be happy to look into getting air con into our bedrooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future

n.ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Another relaxing break enjoyed by my party, which included my mum, sisters, nieces and great nieces, so all age groups catered for. From reservation (Jolene) through to check in, rooms allocated beside each other as requested thanks to Denise, to evening meal in restaurant where all requests where met even though waiting staff where under pressure (Joanne), and a special mention to Sylvia and Emma in the Beauty Salon who ensured we were all relaxed and ready for our cocktails!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thanks a Million for your encouraging review, we appreciate the time out you took to post a review, it makes all our efforts worthwhile.
Joleene & Johanne will be delighted by your comments.

ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice if not three times before and I always found it to be okay but that was definitely not what I found this time. On walking into the room on the first evening I took a quick look around, my first impressions were not good, the sideboard had coffee tracks on it, there was only one spoon on the tray, only enough towels in the bathroom for two people, we are a family of four, the kettle was on a low shelf at the right level for my two year old to reach! The sink in the bathroom looked dirty, especially around the taps and there were no extra pillows. All this after hauling two kids and bags up two flights of stairs to a 'family room' in which there was no space to swing a cat! The travel cot in which my 6 month old was to sleep had more give in it than a wheel, it was very unsteady. There was no air conditioning and the window neither opened or closed properly. Within 5 minutes of being there my very inquisitive 2 year old found someone's hair curler at the end of his bed.the phone cord was taped into the socket again within easy reach of my 2 year old. We found a piece of glass in our 2 year olds bed and some on the bedroom floor, the shower head fell off on my husband while he was in the shower. Another family member staying in a different room got locked in her bathroom when the handle, that was held in place with one screw, came off in her hand, and yet another family member had to have her key reactivated on numerous occasions. On our 2nd day/third night there our room was not serviced due to it not being done while we were gone for 3 hours but instead they came to do it when we were putting our 2 year old down for a nap. On the food side, we had meals included for three nights but only ate there 1 night. It was just okay, the staff seemed fed up and not overly friendly. Breakfast on Saturday morning was fine but Sunday morning was a joke. I asked several wait staff if they had coffee to which they replied, no it's tea, but never offered to get me coffee or tell the coffee person that I was looking for coffee. There didn't seem to be anyone in charge. On Monday morning I asked one of the waitstaff to clear a table beside some family members and explainedvI wanted to sit beside family but she replied there were lots of tables free in the restaurant so I had to ask her again if she would clear it for me as that was where I wanted to sit. The very nice receptionist managed to get a fan for us on our last night as the room was like a furnace. Another issue with the room is the lack of plugs, accessable or otherwise. The receptionist was excellent and very apologetic when I told her about the glass in the bed incident upon checking out and said we should have said it earlier and git soneone to rehoover the room, I didn't like to point out that it should have been hoovered properly in the first place, nor did I point out to her, when she told me that shewould make a note on our names to the effect that we would be compensated for the issues the next time we stay, that I will never stay there again, nor will any of the other family members who stayed there last weekend and there were 10 of us in total. The wait staff and housekeeping staff all need to be trainedcproperly and inspected throughout the day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I'm really surprised & disappointed to read your review today. I was beside our receptionist when you checked out and you only highlighted a minor issue with your room, and you said you were just mentioning for our information and that everything else was great.
I sincerely wish you had informed a manager of your disappointment with your room. As a valued repeat guest, we would have had no issue with upgrading you to an executive room.
As regards the rest of your family, they all seemed very happy when checking out.

We encourage constructive feedback, however, it is very difficult to confirm or investigate any issues you have raised following your stay.

We hope you can accept our apology on this occasion. We would have appreciated the opportunity to make things right for you & your family.

Downpatrick, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

we arrived at this hotel last Saturday and all was going well until we saw the stag and hen parties arrive. We were in room 104 and on the Saturday night when the stag and hen parties arrived back to the hotel at 2am all hell broke loose in rooms 105 and 106.

The foul language was so bad that I had to put earphones on my two kids to drown out the noise and then the wrecking and fighting started form 2am to 5am even though I called the reception three times nothing was done until the stags fell asleep.

We had knocking and kicking at our door and guys sleeping on the corridor outside our room which was a scary experience for all.

They were up again at 8am and still making a mess and could not care about other guests but I blame the hotel for first of all taking bookings of stag and hen parties and placing them in rooms beside families and then not dealing with the issues when reported.

we were moved to a better room on the Sunday night but the kids were so scared form the previous night that they did not want to stay and were awake most of the night incase the mayhem would start again.

This could be a nice hotel if run better as the staff in the bar and leisure centre were very nice and the hotel is nice in general but we had a very bad experience as above that I would not wish on anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I'm really sorry to read your review this morning. I hope you can accept my sincerest apologies for the behaviour of the group near you. We do not accept stag parties, however, this particular group booked on a 3rd party website and we had no way of telling it was a stag until they arrived. We did give them a very serious warning on check in and they assured us that they would behave.
I can totally understand your frustration having two young kids myself. I sincerely wish you had spoken to me before departure.

I have every confidence that your next stay will be enjoyable and relaxing.

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

second time at this hotel great family deal good area to see donegal from children loved it we will be back before the end of summer plenty for everyone to do the staff in all areas of the hotel cannot do enough to help they are brilliant with children as well as adults

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are really happy we have impressed you & your young family again! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warmest Regards
Carolynne

Been to Mount Errigal Hotel? Share your experiences!