“country weekend!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 hotels in Letterkenny
Newry, United Kingdom
“country weekend!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have stayed in the mount errigal on a pervious country weekend, and once again dissapointed, the food was uneatable, including the breakfast. I also complained about the dance floor being covered in drink and their customers not being able to dance, I would be still waiting on it to be cleaned! The staff throughout the hotel on the other hand was friendly and the atmosphere was brilliant, but the food side totally let down my weekend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I'm sorry you were dissapointed with the food on this occasion, I will certainly raise your concerns with the appropriate team members.

I'm delighted you enjoyed the atmosphere! We have the same event next October!

810 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Athlone, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed here for just one night when passing through Letterkenny. At 65 euro for a double bed and breakfast its the best value we found in quite some time. The hotel isn't too close to the centre of town but its got lots of parking. The staff at reception were very nice and helpful.

The room was huge, two double bed and still room for a table and chair. The bathroom was equally large with a lovely powerful shower.

I'm sure when it first opened this place was stunning but its looking tired these days. There was litter all around the car park and overflowing ashtrays at the main entrance. I believe there was a big concert the night before we stayed but that doesn't excuse these housekeeping tasks.

Room Tip: There's a busy road out front. Look for a room to the rear if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Your review has made our day, thanks a million!

Warm Regards
Cork
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed in a family room at this hotel last weekend and what a let down. Our room on the third floor had stained carpet, worn and stained bed linen and 3 lights not working. it was also facing the busy road and difficult to get a good nights sleep. The Shower had such low water pressure it took ages to take a shower. As we were only on a stopover for one night i didn't wake an issue of it. We did use the the pool and to be fair to the staff they were excellent and bent the rules a little to allow the children have a swim after the allocated time for children. We had a snack in the bar and that was ok served by a very friendly waiter. The Buffet breakfast the following morning was dreadful. It was one of the worst buffets i have come across in a long time. Even though it was 8.30am it looked as if it was cooked hours beforehand. I am not fussy when it comes to breakfast but I really struggled to find anything positive about it. This hotel needs a complete revamp to bring it back to where it once was.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I'm very dis-heartened by your review. I am baffled as to why you did not raise any concerns with us throughout your stay - I'm confident we could have rectifed your issues immediately.

I hope you can accept my apology and in future, please raise your concerns with us, we would be more than happy to accommodate your needs.

, Cavan, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Booked this hotel for two nights with the suprvalu breaks.Have booked many times in different locations and it offers great value and never disappoints.
On arrival at reception the staff were very friendly and helpful. We went to our room on the 3rd Floor and noticed on our way how dirty the carpet was with stains everywhere. This was at 3.30p.m. and there was dirty plates lying outside rooms on the floor! When we reached the room we were very disappointed with dirty carpet, bedding (No duvets- just one white sheet and a dated looking throw that obviously is not changed when there are no clean throws on housekeeping carts!), We were on main road which was too noisy with baby. Also we had been in the room for about 10/15 mins and without knocking a lady opened door to leave in a cot for baby. We complained and asked to be moved to better room as this was not suitable. The staff accomadated us and we were moved to back of building with no trouble. The room was alot quieter than the first but smaller and again bedding horrible and table hadnt been cleaned headboard was also dusty and musty smell. We decided that we wouldnt stay for another night and informed the staff at reception of this and all of the above but having travelled so far with young baby we had no choice but to stay for that night. The next morning showers were luke warm and we checked out. On check out we were told that someone wanted to chat with us( I think her name was Hazel) she asked why we were checking out a day early and we told her all of the above. She offered to move us to a different room if we wanted to stay that night however we were all ready to go and declined. She apologised for everything and gave us her card that if we were ever coming again to call her and she would organise us a suite in the Hotel. Although Staff were lovely we will never return. Best thing about hotel was staff... Worst was the hotel!!

Room Tip: book another hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I'm very dissapointed to read your review. It was actually myself who spoke to you on check out. I was under the impression that you were moving on because you had other plans and the temperature of the room was just not warm enough because you had a young baby. I wasn't aware of the majority of your complaints above. I would have been happy to upgrade you and I invited you to come back in the future and we would look after you.

I hope you can accept my apology. It's not often we get such negative feedback.

Kind Regards
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Dont be put off by my 3 star review, if I could select a good option I would, but I feel it falls slightly short of a very good. I stayed here last weekend for one night as I was staying up to play golf the following morning.

I booked directly with the hotel and it was extremely easy and well priced at 85euro for a tripple room with breakfast. On check in I explained that two of our party would be checking out at 6am for golf in Rosapenna and the hotel were happy to assist by offering us breakfast two hours before they normally started serving.

Our room was 309, it was clean three good sized beds and an en suite. I did what it said on the tin. We were all able to store our clubs in the room over night. We made a quick trip the leisure centre for a swim after a days travelling, they supplied towels and it was a pleasant experience. The leisure centre is tired and worn looking as with the hall ways in the hotel.
The Lobby and bar area of the hotel was grand, large, welcoming and every member of staff I encountered couldn't have been more helpful.

On our check out at 6am the night manager put on a cold breakfast for us, and also made us tea and toast.

The hotel boasted free wifi which was nice and free parking. I would stay here again simply for cost and locality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay. You will be happy to know that we have since refurbished the majority of our bedrooms, bar and we are about to embark on the refurbishment of the leisure centre.

Looking forward to your next visit

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for one night in early September 2012. The hotel is a rather large sprawling hotel. Reception staff were pleasant. We were given a room in the early 300 range. The room was large, decor very tired. The wallpaper was marked in large areas.Grout in bathroom around sink missing in places. The milk which is given with the tea in the room, while long life, was sourish in the tea. The bed was extremely comfortable, the base though was completely worn, so much so that I took photographs as I could not believe it. Breakfast was good, lively dining room, did not seem to be any one person in charge of service . All in all adequate but I was glad we were only staying
one night.

Room Tip: Go for later number 350 onwards -
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking time to review your recent stay and offer us some constructive feedback. You will be delighted to know that the room you stayed in, along with all rooms of this type have now been refurbished to a very high standard.

We hope that you will join us again in the future, I'm confident your next stay will be more enjoyable.

Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed at the Mount Errigal for 4 nights in August 2012 in 2 rooms with our 2 teenage daughters. The rooms were great - very large and comfortable. Food was plentiful and very good quality. Staff very pleasant and helpful. It was excellent value for money. I would certainly recommend it.

The hotel is very well situated to go into the town and explore the beauty of Donegal. The icing on the cake was that the sun shone for the whole time!

Thank you we will be back next year!

Room Tip: ask for a good view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thanks a million for your glowing report!

Looking forward to your next visit

Carolynne

Been to Mount Errigal Hotel? Share your experiences!