“Love it” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Donegal
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have now ate in Statedside 5 times. I have dined there with my friends, my family and my husband on our own. I have had breakfast, lunch & dinner in it & have loved it everytime.
For breakfast I have had the Slam Dunk & the pancakes & I have loved both & now they have changed the menu so some of the breakfast items like the omelette, slam dunk & pancaes are available until 5 o'clock. I have had sandwiches with fries for lunch and burger for my dinner & have had no complaints about any of the food I have had in there. My husband loves the food there & so do my kids. They particularly love the milkshakes, unsurprisingly!
Will be returning many times!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Ballyheane, Mayo
“Typical American decor, food was just alright...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Having heard about this place a group of bikers rode up from Mayo to check out this place. The best part of the trip was the ride up and back (except for the weather). The restaurant is situated in a rather plain location in an industrial area with a rather basic entrance to the restaurant. You could easily drive past the place.

The staff was friendly and we were seated promptly. The menu was an average offering of burgers, steaks, chicken and pasta dishes. Prices were average. I tried the Southern Fried Chicken with the thin chips. I'm from America, so I was looking forward to the chicken, but it was nothing like 'Southern Fried' chicken. It was well-cooked, but it had some sort of spicey herds that made it taste more Mexican than American. Then I finished with a Banana Split. Again, nothing like you would get in the States.

When I see 'American' as part of the restaurant name, I expect some sort of resemblance to American flavour. Nice concept for a restaurant, but do some research on how the menu items should be cooked and seasoned.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent for family/social gatherings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011 via mobile

Went recently with my wife. good service and friendly staff. great choice and delicious burgers. witty lady on check out. will be taking 2 wee bucks back soon! Address shows up as canal road on trip advisor but is actually neil blaney road

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Donegal
“Excellent service, food and value for money. Beats all other restaurants for style, food and value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and daughter have visited stateside on a number of occasions. We have also visited it with our friends. Each time we got excellent value for money, excellent food and service. I have read some of the reviews and cannot understand how there are complaints about the price especially for families. Free refills for all soft drinks- you will not get this in any other restaurant locally. I would encourage any family visiting donegal to definately take themselves to stateside they will not be disappointed. Lovely relaxed atmosphere at any time of the day that you visit this restaurant. Thanks to the managment of stateside for providing this town with an excellent choice of family dining.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Letterkenny, Ireland
“"American" restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011 via mobile

The American theme is rather lost when you enter the door of this restaurant. The decor is really rather cheesy,
Our order was taken eventually when I had enough of the dreadful music and got off my seat to grab a waitress. The food came out within around 20mins. The order was incorrect and had to be returned At this stage we had drank our soft drinks and waited on refills. Never happened, again I had to get off my seat in search of a waiter/waitress.
The food was standard, the service totally un-American. Service with a smile, forget it.
The bill well above average.
Nothing here to entice me back I'm afraid.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere