“IGNORED” 1 of 5 stars

Justice Walsh Road | Off Main street, Letterkenny, Ireland
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 75 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dublin, Ireland
“IGNORED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I recently brought my girlfriend for dinner and was appalled by the service or should I say the lack there off. Living locally I have dinned in La Fantasia on a number of occasions and have had numerous take outs, the food has always being good and I can’t fault it in any way but on this occasion I was shocked by the way we were ignored.
We had a table booked for 9.15pm thinking they may be busy we arrived to the restaurant at around 9.05pm, we were greeted at the door and brought to a table menus were presented along with the wine list by the waitress, there were 4 other tables in the restaurant at this time who all seemed to be enjoying their food and I counted 3 waiting staff which to me seemed allot considering how quite it was at that point. We spent around 10 minutes looking over the menu before we had made up our minds on what to order during that 10 minutes no one approached use regarding a drink of any kind. After 15 minutes another couple entered the restaurant and were seated near use, at this point I started to feel a little frustrated by the lack of any service I tried to get the waitresses attention but to no avail it’s not like it’s a giant restaurant the staff members just kept walking by use even thought they could clearly see we had menus in front of use and were waiting to order.
The breaking point came after 20 minutes, in that length of time not one of the 3 waiting staff approached our table in any way and then the waitresses decided to take the order from the table that came in 15 minutes after us. Enough was enough so we decided to leave as we got up from the table to put back on our jackets I looked over to the 3 waiting staff but the fact that we were leaving did not seem to faze them in any way.
While the food in La Fantasia is good if you get served that is the overall experience has put me off them indefinitely, for me personally working in the hospitality industry for over 15 years I do understand that in some instances thing s can go wrong in any restaurant on any given night but the fact of the matter is no one who is a paying customer should be ignored for 20 minutes it’s just not acceptable.

Visited June 2011
lafantasia, Owner at La Fantasia, responded to this review, July 2, 2011
Appreciate your honest feedback & I am sorry to read that you had a bad experience in La Fantasia. If the same happened to me in a restaurant I too would have done the same. I have worked hard to ensure my customers get the best food and service. Perhaps you might contact me and we could have a coffee to discuss your experience as I do not want any of my customers leaving here having had a disappointing adventure. Once again my apologies and really appreciate your feedback. Davide Tullio

• Polish first
donegal
“BEST ITALIAN IN DONEGAL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

My Wife our kids and I, eat here every time we are in LETTERKENNY, ITS TOP CLASS food,service,atmosphere and much more DAVIDE always comes out to chat before and after dinner making sure we are very welcome and the children are being looked after.His pizza is the best in town , his fresh pasta dishes are to die for and his foccachia bread and home made bloomer loafs are fab. ALL IN ALL THE BEST PLACE IN LETTERKENNY FOR TOP CLASS AUTHENTIC ITALIAN CUISINE. SEE YOU GUYS SOON.

• Visited June 2011
Rome, Italy
“fantastico ristorante italiano in irlanda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

When i arrived in letterkenny- Donegal i asked to the local people if its present in the town an italian restaurant. So i arrived at La Fantasia of Davide Tullio. The place where is located the restaurant is very unusual cause its situated in proximity of an industrial zone.
When i was inside of it i found a very welcoming atmosphere and a friendly staff.
The italian food was very excellent more than other italian restaurants i ve visited in ireland.
Really very good evening.

• Visited June 2011
ireland
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Have been to this restaurant twice and both times were equally superb!. Love the very relaxed atmosphere and the fact that you are not rushed or under any pressure to finish your meal. Food is outstanding and any leftovers are boxed for you to take away. Love this place and can highly recommend it, would advise you to book.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ballybofey, Ireland
“A Truly Italian Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

I have been going to La Fantasia, whenever I get the chance, since it opened around 3 and half years ago and this restaurant is a real gem. This really is a food-lovers restaurant. The whole restaurant is soaked in the very Italian philosophy of cooking with passion and for the love of food not money. It is so refreshing to have somewhere that doesn’t feel the need to extract what ever they can from their customers. Instead the owner and chef places the emphasis is on making people happy while sharing his love of food. The Food is simply magic and the Chef Davide always seems to be on hand to ensure the highest standards are maintained. The consistently of the quality of the food produced really is remarkable. The best advice I can give anyone thinking on visiting La Fantasia is to try has much as you can from the menu. If with friends, why not all order something different and try a bit of everyone else’s. I am always amazed at how many absolutely delicious dishes are on the menu.

We, here in Donegal, are extremely lucky to have such an Italian approach to food here on our doorsteps.

BELLISSIMO!