“Good as it was 20 years ago !” 5 of 5 stars

+353 74 912 4901
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Description: We are in the Market square, right in the centre of town, half way down the main street. We are a 50 seater restaurant, recently renovated. The kitchen and foyer are downstairs and the restaurant is upstairs. We are a bistro style establishment, we serve pizza, pasta, steak, fish, chicken and salads. Our emphasis is on fresh, local and organic where possible. We have been in the same building for 30 years and are family run.
Donegal
“Good as it was 20 years ago !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Went out for a meal and thought .... Let's eat at Pats on the square. It is coming on 20 years since we were last here.
Well, it did not disappoint, wonderful starter, great main course served in a lovely ambiance. Great Italian food at a reasonable price and the lovely donegal specialty beers were just fantastic. Well done all around and we promise it won't be another 2 decades before we come back.

patspizzaLetterkenny, Front Office Manager at Pats on the Square, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you so much, I am really glad you enjoyed your visit. We are in business since 1984, 30 years in April, hard to believe! Mary

Letterkenny, Ireland
“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Highly recommend this restaurant for a nice relaxing lunch. Clean and bright, very efficient friendly staff. Fantastic food, I had risotto with pan fried cod. Very fresh and tasty.

Visited February 2014
patspizzaLetterkenny, Owner at Pats on the Square, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Much appreciated, thank you for taking the time to put up this lovely review. Mary
Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland
“Won't be back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Very very disappointed. Arrived here without a booking early in the evening, went upstairs to the restaurant where only two tables were occupied and asked if we could have a table for two, we were asked had we booked and replied no, the male staff member seemed quiet put out that we just walked in without a booking, almost an inconvenience, he was very rude. The restaurant itself was cold, three tables had people with coats on, any staff member should have seen this as people don't dine in coats, jackets etc. Despite the restaurant being virtually empty we were given the worst table there alongside the stair case. I had the chicken wings which were only okay, could have done with a small bit longer in the oven and a small bowl of warm water for after should be considered giving that the dish is messy, my fiancée had the bruschetta the only fresh thing about it was the bread, pizza sauce, cheese and olives dotted in the middle is hardly innovative Italian cuisine, portion size too big and should be halved and served with a small salad. Onto mains which were well below average, I had the Sicilian spaghetti with prawns in a spicy tomato sauce, dish came out tepid and the sauce was a bland tomato sauce with no spice or kick. My other half had the special which was a cod fillet in a tomato and red pepper sauce was again very bland and not a fillet as she found two fish bones and swallowed a third. Didn't bother with dessert was happy to get the bill and leave. When paying I was asked if all was good and I raised the boney fish which fell on deaf ears. Poor staff, poor food and poor ambiance. At €52 was a waste of money. Won't return.

Visited February 2014
lovedonegal, Owner at Pats on the Square, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Keith I was very sad to read your review, thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our restaurant and I am really sorry you did not enjoy your visit. In defense of the waiter, we were fully booked from 7pm 0n, we had a party of 22 coming in as well as our other bookings so he was genuinely concerned whether he would have the room as the evening progressed. I am really sorry you felt he was rude. I am going to provide finger bowls with chicken wings from this day on, thanks for that. We do pin bone the cod fillets, but I will tell chef to be more careful, again thanks for that. We have just installed a new heating system, I will review our training on that. We do genuinely care about our restaurant, and really appreciate your feedback. ' Compliments are good for the ego, complaints are good for the business' If you would contact me directly I would try to convince you of that..Again I am really sorry you didn't enjoy your visit and thanks very much for bringing it to my attention. I would really love a second chance, on me this time! Mary Bradley..
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Comforting consistency”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Since moving to Letterkenny over 20 years ago I have been a regular customer of Pats on the square . It's always my go to place for family celebrations with my husband and children who are great fans of the pasta dishes particularly the seafood tagliatelle and the pasta favourita. My friends and I also love Pats for a catch up over some shared starters, gourmet pizzas, greek salads and of course a carafe of very good house red. Pats on the Square has also been a long standing favourite place to go for lunch with work colleagues , where we can order by phone in advance so our food is ready when we arrive which is great when there is a large group of us and time is short. Staff are friendly ,efficient and attentive. Prices are very fair, portions are good and food is always consistent and yummy. For me , favourite starters include mini calzone, bruscetta for two to share , and the soup is always great. At lunch I love toasted filled chiabatta and any of the warm salad options. Evenings I usually get pizza and salads. Never been disappointed, need I say more. Well done to Mary for keeping my favourite place going so successfully !

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
patspizzaLetterkenny, Owner at Pats on the Square, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thanks a million. Mary xx
ireland
“Consistently good fresh food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Take the children here approx once a month to sit in as a treat. The portions are very big and the prices will not hurt your pocket. The food here is consistently good and so is the service.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very much. Mary xx