“My reservation was 'cancelled' but I wasn't notified” 3 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Burren View B&B
Newtown, Ballyvaughan, Ireland   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Ballyvaughan B&B and Inns
“My reservation was 'cancelled' but I wasn't notified”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

In May, I made a reservation through Booking.com for a stay in late August. The week prior to my trip I emailed to confirm. The owner replied saying she was unable to open that day! She did assist me in getting a reservation at the same rate next door at the Cappabhaile House which I appreciated, but I was very disappointed that the owner did not contact me to let me know that she would not be open. She should not have waited for me to contact her. Thank goodness I asked for confirmation and didn't arrive with my family in the evening and find the B&B closed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Bridget was a lovely welcoming hostess. The house is situated in a beautiful scenic part of County Clare. Bridget's husband Tom was equally as friendly and happily dropped us into the village. The rooms were modern and spotless. The breakfast was delicious. I would highly recommend this accommodation.

Room Tip: There were three of us and we had a lovely spacious triple room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Western Ireland, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. Very scenic location. Welcoming host, Brigid, clean, cosy rooms & delicious breakfast. It is too far from the village to walk but Brigid dropped us in & gave us taxi details. She also gave us vouchers for Ailwee Caves which saved us 18 euro. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our family of three stayed at the Burren View last month for a night. The property is located very close to the birds of prey center. We did the "hawk walk" which I would highly recommend as it is an experience that we couldn't find in the U.S. The room was basic but clean and there was plenty of hot water and water pressure. If you are looking for a clean, no frills place, this fits the bill. One word of caution is that they don't take credit cards. While this is true of most of the B&B's in Ireland(at least the one's we stayed at), the booking.com site said that they did take Visa. This was a contributing factor when we booked and we later learned that booking.com would not advertise the B&B unless they stated that they accepted Visa. While I sympathize with the reasons for not accepting credit, I did feel that such a practice was less than honest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Galway, Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at this lovely B&B in August when attending a friend's wedding in the village. Bridget was a very friendly host and even gave us a lift into the village to the reception which was very kind of her. It makes all the difference when you are made feel so at home and it really added to our day. The B&B is very bright and spacious and our room was perfect. The breakfast was yummy too. We would highly recommend it plus Ballyvaughan is a very pretty village with a lovely beach nearby, I have lovely memories of this place...

Regina

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Annandale, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at Burren View in September of this year. We could not have been happier with the facility, but especially with the innkeeper, Bridget. She was wonderful and full of sightseeing suggestions, places for pub music and outstanding restaurants to try. The B&B was very clean and comfortable. Small touches like blow dryers were much appreciated. Ample free parking, plentiful and cooked to order Irish breakfasts... We would return to Burren View just to visit with Bridget.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights during our road trip of Ireland. We were pleasantly surprised at how modern and comfortable the rooms were. Our room had a nice, big bed, and the decorations were very lovely. The bathroom was excellent and the shower was great after a long day of hiking and sightseeing. The B&B is only a few minutes from the town, and within a half hour from many other sights that can't be missed, such as the Poulnabrone dolmen tomb and the family run fort just down the road. Bridget was just the sweetest woman. She made our stay wonderful and cooked us an excellent breakfast every morning. In fact, we felt so at home with her that we would have loved to stay even longer!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Burren View B&B? Share your experiences!