An amazing hotel, one of the nicest I've ever stayed in. Arrived to the smell of a peat fire and clam chowder which made my mouth water. Its location is handy for allthe sights of Clare - the Burren, the Aillwee caves, the dolmen, the Cliffs of Moher. Our room was lovely, and the shower amazing although it did steam up the bathroom quite considerably. Had dinner in the hotel - incredibly inventive menu, I'd highly recommend it. Steven Spielberg ate here last week apparently. Spent the evening in the hotel bar by the fire playing Cluedo! Staff were exceptionally courteous and friendly. Ordered breakfast in bed which was a wonderful treat - again the food was incredible. It's an expensive place to stay and luckily we had a voucher to use as part payment. So we'll be saving up again for our next visit. Only one thing I would say, is that it's not exactly a "castle" more like an exceptional country house. But other than that, I wish I was still there!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views across Galway Bay and idyllically situated overlooking the unique Burren landscape, this is the ultimate luxury and gourmet hideaway. Simon and Frederieke manage this oasis of comfort and offer genuine Irish hospitality, award winning innovative cooking and elegant bedrooms free from the intrusion of televisions. Antiques, modern art, turf fires, candlelight and garden flowers add to the indulgently relaxing atmosphere. The ideal location from which to enjoy the Burren, Cliffs of Moher, Walking, Cycling, Aran Islands, Horse Riding, Surfing, Sea Angling and Golf. Awards include: Best Country House Award 2013, AA Hotel of the Year 2012, AA 3 Rosettes 2014. Recommended by Andrew Harper, Georgina Campbell, Fodors, Frommers, Alastair Sawday among others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Gregans Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gregans Castle Ballyvaughan
- Hotel Gregans Castle
- Gregans Castle Hotel Ballyvaughan, Ireland - The Burren