“Lovely location” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Reservations
Dublin
“Lovely location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Maybe we got to this restaurant on a bad day...the food was good but we waited a full hour for any food to be served. Not great when there are three hungry children at the table!

Visited August 2011

Dublin
“Stephen Spielberg got here first!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Amazing cakes and tea. The setting is just lovely - in a little cottage facing the pier in Ballyvaughan. Sadly Stephen Spielbery had eaten the last of the rapsberry cheesecake before we got there! But there were plenty of other delicious treats.......yumm!

Visited August 2011
Dublin, Ireland
“Wonderful old style tea room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I had heard the story about a certain Mr Spielberg going out of his way to visit An Fear Gorta for a slice of cheesecake, and I decided no trip to Ballyvaughan would be complete without a pit stop here. And I'm so glad that we did. Walking into the little cottage on the waterfront felt a little bit like stepping back in time. Big old dining room table as you walk in laden down with beautiful cakes and treats, so hard to decide on just one! The big roaring fire on a dark grey day was a welcome sight indeed. Settling in on the sofa with a big pot of tea and a slice of truly delicious baked berry cheesecake, I could have easily stayed there for the whole afternoon! I lovely way to spend a lazy afternoon.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Desert, California
“Best lunch in Ballyvaughan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Great food & desserts to "die for". We had a Quiche Lorraine special for lunch and it was wonderful. Great staff and good value.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Waterford
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I visited the Tea rooms on the weekend with my mother and sister. What a lovely place. The tea rooms is like a cosy cottage. The staff were so welcoming. Alan was very professional and the reviews don't lie he really does have lovely blue eyes!
The food was delicious, I had a toastie and a big slice of moist carrot cake. Hmmm! We also got to meet the lovely Jane who cooks the food. Everything was so tasty, I bought a jar of the apricot jam (to die for). I am very sad I did not buy a piece of carrot cake to bring home with me. It was really that good.
Cant wait for my next visit. Thanks to all at The Tea and Garden Rooms Ballyvaughan.

• Visited October 2011