“Loved Oranhill Lodge” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Oranmore B&B and Inns
Mundaring, Western Australia
“Loved Oranhill Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2008

My husband and I have recently returned from 9 days in Ireland hopping from seven different B&B's with his parents.
We spent our sixth night in Ireland at Oranhill Lodge Bed & Breakfast. After another busy day sightseeing and travelling from Adare we arrived at Oranhill Lodge to a very warm welcome from Michael. Although the house is located near a very busy T intersection, we heard no traffic noise. Our rooms were on the first floor. Both rooms were of a high standard of cleanliness and comfort with a lovely spacious bathroom. There is a delightful sitting area overlooking the front garden and the dinning room was bright and very well presented. The breakfast was delicious starting with the freshly made fruit smoothie, Cereals to the delicious full Irish breakfast and plunger coffee. Michael. Ann and the girls made us feel like family or long lost friends. They couldn’t have been more helpful in suggesting where to go for dinner and planning our route to Carlow the next day. We wished we could have stayed longer and were quite sad to leave. We would recommend staying here in an instant and would stay there again ourselves without a second thought. It is an excellent place to stay when visiting Galway.

• Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

My wife and i recently stayed at oranhill lodge for 5 nights. In one word it was FANTASTIC. The moment the door is open you are made to feel at home by Ann, Michael and the 2 girls.
The rooms are clean and very spacious, the breakfast is fantastic especially if you have had one to many at the local pub. I would highly recommend anyone who is travelling to Galway to stay here.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

Thank You Ann and Michael, and family. We really enjoyed our stay at your B&B. I can't Thank you enough for your help on my researching my roots. You and your family are genuinely warm and gracious, I highly recommend your B&B to anyone looking for a great place to stay. We had a grand time. Slan go foill, Pat&Mary

Stayed September 2008
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

It isn't often that the review section for a listed accommodation on Tripadvisor is not split between good references and tales of armageddon. However, when I was checking out lodgings in the Galway city area I discovered that there was nothing but praise heaped upon the Oranhill Lodge. As a result of this research my wife and I decided to spend 4 nights there in early October. Although that meant we had high expectations we were certainly not disappointed. Other reviewers tell of the owners, Ann and Michael, being helpful far and away above normal levels of service and our first night there confirmed this in abundance. We live in the USA and having arrived in Ireland from the UK did not have a serviceable mobile phone that could operate in the Republic. Needless to say, the inevitable happened and although we found Oranmore with no difficulty, locating the lodge proved beyond us in a rather sodden and windswept darkness. Asking in local outlets could provide us with little directional help as most staff seemed to be from Eastern Europe, though we now know how to get to Warsaw and Kiev in great detail. After a half hour of frustration an authentic local gentleman did, however, allow us to call the lodge on his mobile. When Ann discovered our predicament she simply braved the tempest and drove into the village centre to allow us to follow her back to the lodge. You might think this is only a small act but I can assure you I thought at the time that if we had been booked into a hotel there wouldn't have been much chance of the night receptionist deserting re-runs of Inspector Morse and doing the same thing.
The level of service did not decline for the entire stay and the lodge itself is in tip top condition and surprised us both in its standard of accommodation. We would recommend staying here in an instant and would stay there again ourselves without a second thought. Thanks to Ann and Michael and family for such a pleasurable stay.

Kerry and Mark
Massachusetts, USA

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Caernarfon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

There are many comfortable Guesthouse/Hotels in the world and Oranhill Lodge is one of them. The difference is Anne and Michael the proprietors. If you need advice they will help you or they know a person who will. On holiday you need to make the most of your stay in the Galway area guidebooks are a help but someone who really knows the area, is a great help indeed. We were gently guided in the right direction once Anne and Michael knew our interests.. If you are in the Galway area - please stay there!
EdmundRachel

• Liked — The ambience
  • Disliked — N/a
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

Excellent place to stay. Very friendly, clean, well decorated rooms. The thing that won me over was the breakfast. There's 2 large tables which encourages fellow travellers to share their experiences. We had a great laugh with people at our table and it set our day up a treat! There's a LOT of choice for breakfast and plenty of it. I would recommend this place any day as Ann & Michael have set their own high standards.

• Liked — The breakfast!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

Home is where the heart is! I have just finished a 5-day stay at Oranhill Lodge and I was sad to leave. Every day spent there was a welcoming experience. Ann and Michael are always aware of a guest's needs, will answer millions of questions, make great suggestions for dining out and even offered to make phone calls to find out information for me. They are genuinely hospitable. Ann knew I loved coffee and was sure to have a fresh pot for me and a home-baked piece of pie. The food at the B&B is delicious - fresh, healthy and varied. The breakfast room is warm and inviting and either Ann or Michael are always on hand to greet you. My room was lovely , clean and neat and had a great view of the lovely flower gardens. The bed was firm and comfortable. The towels were fluffy and every amenity has been thought of. There is a kettle for making coffee and tea in the bedroom, and there is internet connection in your room as well. The Lodge is convenient to Oranmore Village where I dined at Keane's Pub (great food), and to all the major roads. I can't say enough about my wonderful stay with the O'Neills. This is truly a lovely family and I can't wait to return for another visit. I can recommend Oranhill Lodge HIGHLY. I was traveling alone and felt safe and well taken care of by the O'Neill Family who are never too busy to listen or to offer a helping hand.

• Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Oranhill Lodge? Share your experiences!