“Lovely” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have been three times and each time I found it to be exceptionally nice. They are making an effort to be different with their little tasters before starter and main course. I will be back.

“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I was with my husband for a meal on Friday 4th July. We both choose from the Early Bird Menu, 4 courses for 24.95 Euros each (6-7.30pm) - the food was exceptionally well presented, extremely tasty, excellent value for money and the service was very good as well. Also included: canapes, a selection of bread and petit fours. This was our fourth visit to The Boathouse and when we are next staying on Tawin Island, we will definitely be back to The Boathouse.

Visited July 2014
Loughrea, Ireland
“Wonderful anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I was with my husband 03 of July for 15 wedding anniversary. We are thrilled! Excellent food maybe a little too expencive - for 2 for Starters, Main Course and Desserts and 2 glass of wine we paid alost €100- but honestly we chose the most expensive a la carte! Someone wrote once here that they serve small portions - what nonsense! Food delicious and elegantly presented. Delicious bread as a cover - for me the best white with cumin seeds - delish! I think that once we get back there.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Galway, Ireland
“A Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Fantastic seasonal food, well cooked and beautifully presented. Probably the only place in Galway where you'll get wild game and rod caught fish. Excellent wines and friendly staff. It's my go to place when I feel like a real treat.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Galway
“Excellent food but false advertising”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent and the staff very nice but over all too expensive. They had a billboard outside stating they were serving 2 course or 3 course special. Yet when we were seated and I asked for the specials they said they we're not serving. This was my second visit, the first time I phoned and asked were they doing their special again they said yes and when we went into the resturant they were not, on each occasion, I not make an issue as we has guests with us but that is false advertising and I will not be going back or recommending for that reason. We also waited a bit too long for our food.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Anthony P, Head chef at The Boathouse, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear abmgalway
Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant.
I would like to clarify re our specials that you mentioned.
We run our early bird menu every night from 6-7.30pm 19.90 for two courses or 24.90 for four courses both of these menus include amuse Bouche and petit fours.
I have uploaded a picture of our billboard from the front of the restaurant I hope this helps with any confusion.
Yours sincerely