“A Sparkling Evening” 5 of 5 stars

Inch View, Rathmullan 0000, Ireland
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 6 Restaurants in Rathmullan
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“A Sparkling Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Waters Edge restaurant is located right on the shore of Lough Swilly in Donegal and, with a hot sun beating down on the water, we enjoyed a sparkling accompaniment to a delicious dinner. The menu is wide-ranging and should appeal to most, but the restaurant also offers specials of the day which, for our visit included some delicious Brill. Our party also chose an excellent Stroganoff, some Sea Bass and honeyed Salmon. The wine list was good and inexpensive. Overall we thought the venue was ideal and the cost very acceptable.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have been here before and because it was a special weekend, decided to go somewhere really good. What a disappointment, the service was slow, the restaurant is scruffy and in bad need of a makeover. My meal was lukewarm and nothing very exciting, my wife ordered a sweet,fresh fruit salad, I could have made better at home. When the pot of tea arrived at the end, the teapot was chipped and grubby, and the spout was cracked. my wife' s cup was cracked beside the handle. I pointed this out and was told "dishwasher is sore on them" no hint of apology etc. The meal was overpriced and the presentation poor. Sorry I will not be back

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Unexpected find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Called in here for lunch while touring the area and what a lucky find it was. Undoubtedly helped by a brilliantly sunny day, but the view was amazing and I sat right next to the 'waters edge' to enjoy my burger. Food was very good and service the same so will definitely seek this place out again on a return trip.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Upmarket Hotel/Bar in Beautiful Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

You'll find the Waters Edge on the main Road, about ten minutes walk south of Rathmullan, and if the weather is nice, you'll enjoy the walk. Set in a beautiful location, overlooking Lough Swilly, one could spend hours here, eating or drinking, and looking out on to the Lough.

I happened to be in Rathmullan the other day, and decided to walk down for a pint, and it was very quiet. The rugby was on the telly, but only about 5 people were watching. Actually, there was only 7 customers in total, so 5 wasn't a bad number!!! I'm not mad about rugger, so I just had a drink, and watched the lake ebbing and flowing. I asked the polite, helpful young lady for a newspaper, but she was unable to locate one.

It's a modern building, which is very clean and airy, and I'd imagine it's mostly couples who frequent. They also have weddings here, and if the weather is kind, you wouldn't find a better location. So, as I was on my own, with no paper, I decided it was time to depart, but if I'm in the neighbourhood again, I'll definitely return.

Dublin
“Promised much but didn't deliver”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were staying in Rathmullan and walked out to this restaurant for a change. It was a wet dull night and when we walked in it had a very welcoming feel with a fire lit and tables overlooking the water, but it was mostly downhill from there. We ordered 2 main courses from the specials menu, an assortment of fish which was well cooked and good, and John Dory which was awful, overcooked and tasted of nothing, the sauce was almost non existent, the vegetable were thrown in a bowl and some overcooked and some almost raw. I didnt complain because I felt that the chef who sent out my plate of food, just didn't know how to cook. We ordered a half bottle of wine and they had none. The service was absolutely awful, and we got the impression that the staff were not trained about food, wine etc and possibly are only casual part time staff. This restaurant needs somebody to take it in hand, train the staff and get a new chef.

• 3 of 5 stars Food