We were here in March for a wedding, so the weather wasn't great but even so the situation of the house - pretty much on the shore of Lough Swilly, is amazing. I imagine in summer it would be heaven. The house is lovely, the room (standard double) was great, with a four poster and direct access to the grounds, and of course a sea view. Food is very good indeed, all locally sourced and very well cooked - I didn't see their normal menu as we had the wedding food, so can't comment on variety. The Irish breakfast is great, with the best black and white puddings I ever had, and the staff are super friendly and efficient.
You can also ride a hairy pony on the beach for €20 an hour, from the stables at the end of the drive - the best hangover cure :)
- Also Known As:
- Rathmullan House Hotel
- Rathmullan House Hotel Rathmullan
- House Rathmullan
- Rathmullan Hotel
- Rathmullan House Ireland - County Donegal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rathmullan House is situated on the shores of Lough Swilly in Co. Donegal. With a 2 mile sandy beach at the bottom of the gardens it is a perfect spot to enjoy the outdoors. All 32 bedrooms are individually styled from romantic garden rooms to adjoining family rooms. The Weeping Elm Restaurant provides a fine setting for Kelan McMichaels modern cooking as well as the award winning breakfast for which Rathmullan is justly famous. Menus are based on using the freshest ingredients in season from local artisan producers and from the hotels walled garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Rathmullan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.