On arrival the drive up to the hotel was lovely, the grounds very well kept and giving you the feeling that your in for a surprise. Having read reviews from here on this hotel I did cringe a little and expected the worst. Maybe thats what made it exceptional. The best way to get around is to hire a car as you are a little outside the city however the dart (fast rail service) is available in Sandycove and very reasonably priced which takes you to the city. The hotel receptionist was male on arrival and welcomed me and my partner to the hotel. I was offered help with my bags and explained how to use my room phone for help. We both felt like a swim and as guests the use of the gym, pool, sauna and steam room is free. This was very relaxing and we were given towels and swim hats at the reception entering the gym as guests free of charge also. Be careful going into the steam room and sauna as I nearly slipped on the steps leading down there despite the warning sign I did see. The room was comfortable, bed was clean however the lace curtain needed a scrub. after that I have to say the room was very much 3 to 4 star style and very spacious room 329, this does not have a baloney but does offer a view of the harbor. As it was a Friday night the dungeon bar had a pianist playing and I enjoyed it very much with a very well presented cocktail which tasted divine but would want to at 9:50eur a glass. Before hitting the sack I decided to have one last cocktail upstairs in the main bar. Same price but badly presented and tasted awful. The room cleaners start early the next morning and like to make noise so make sure you hang your do not disturb up if you don't want them knocking the door down. Friendly staff. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay at Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fitzpatrick Castle Dublin is the epitome of the elegance and charm of the south Dublin coast. The only hotel located in the fashionable suburbs of Killiney and Dalkey, overlooking Dublin Bay. Fitzpatrick Castle is only 9 miles/20 minutes from downtown Dublin. Luxurious bedrooms and suites decorated in the traditional castle style are also renovated to the highest spec with ISDN lines and in-house entertainment system in all rooms. Wireless broadband Internet access is available in most public areas of hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzpatrick Castle Killiney
- Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin Ireland/Killiney, County Dublin