My husband and I stayed at the hotel for one night in February. The person who checked us in,Labhaoise (Lisha), was warm and friendly. She gave us a room in the old part of the castle, which was quite large and charming. It had a modern bathroom with a heated towel rack and rainfall shower head. The water pressure was excellent, and that is rarely the case in Ireland! There were also robes and slippers provided - a nice touch! Our deal included dinner that night at the hotel. It was a pretty good meal - good service and ambiance. Breakfast the next morning was a buffet, and that too was fine.
We also rented a holiday apartment for a week that was located adjacent to the hotel. We were able to avail of the hotel amenities which was fabulous. I will warn families with children that the family swimming hours at the hotel pool are fairly limited.
I would go over to the hotel for coffee in the morning and had a great time people watching. The hotel is very popular for the locals to come to for morning and/or afternoon tea, and of course there are people staying at the hotel from all over the world. I was always greeted in a friendly manner, and was never rushed at all. As a matter of fact, sometimes you had to flag someone down to get your bill.
The only negative during our stay was when we went to dinner at The Grill on the last night of our stay. We took my in-laws out to dinner and thought it would be good because of our previous experience on our first night. Well, the food was...uhm....not good. I had one of the specials which was a bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breast. It came covered in a brown salty mushroom sauce which was not appropriate in my opinion for chicken (way to heavy), the chicken was dry, and basically tasted like a re-heat from a wedding the night (or two) before. Others in our party got the burgers which were okay. Unfortunately, nobody was raving about the meal when we were done, and it is not an inexpensive place to dine. Oh well, maybe it is a hit-or-miss type of restaurant.
I will honestly say overall I was more than pleased with our stay. Customer service is very important to me, and this hotel knows how to do that right. We will definitely stay there again on our next trip back to Ireland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fitzpatrick Castle Dublin is the epitome of the elegance and charm of the south Dublin coast. The only hotel located in the fashionable suburbs of Killiney and Dalkey, overlooking Dublin Bay. Fitzpatrick Castle is only 9 miles/20 minutes from downtown Dublin. Luxurious bedrooms and suites decorated in the traditional castle style are also renovated to the highest spec with ISDN lines and in-house entertainment system in all rooms. Wireless broadband Internet access is available in most public areas of hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Expedia so you can book your Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzpatrick Castle Killiney
- Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin Ireland/Killiney, County Dublin