“What 4 star hotel does NOT have...” 1 of 5 stars

You added Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dalkey Ave, Killiney, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Killiney
“What 4 star hotel does NOT have...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Mold on the bathroom tiles, plastic yellow stained sink, peeling siding of a tub, dirty garbage basket, stained carpet, 1970s decor fit for half star motel. Since this place is keen to reply, I took all the pictures.

• Stayed September 2012
NickyLogue, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Liza
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and in particular that your bathroom was not up to our normal high standard. We have an ongoing refurbishment programme in the hotel and to date 80% of our rooms have been refurbished. I am disappointed that neither myself or one of my management team did not get to speak to you while you were staying with us as I would have liked an opportunity to rectify some of your concerns.
Once again my sincerest apologises
Director/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic atmosphere, fantastic food and great service I just wish it was a little closer to the city centre as I'd love to bring clients here more often. Plenty of parking available and great views. I will deff frequent here more often. Recommended

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Feeder 9

I am glad you enjoyed your visit to the hotel for lunch and I do hope we will see you again at the Castle.
Kilkeel, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had a very pleasant stay at Fitzpatricks Castle. We were met with a warm welcome, we had help with our luggage. Bedroom very spacious and comfortable. Staff helpful. Breakfast self service and plenty to eat, very nice. We had four course meals both evenings and again service and food was just lovely. Would like to return again. Thanks.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear George

Many thanks for your lovely review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the team here.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Castle on another occasion
Burleigh Heads, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Booked on line as car broke down - room ready the next morning when we arrived early to place cases in storage. Happy Days! Receptionist was fantastic!
OK Room was very tired with big water stains on roof and old box televisions. Roomy though!
PJ's Restaurant was not open when we stayed, but we had the in house bar food. Nothing to write home about and the guinness tasted like detergent and it was flat. Breakfast was just a buffet of over steamed rubber bacon and eggs with soggy hash browns and burnt toast. Continental was fine.
One major thing that I didn't see was a ramp for people with a disability. I did see many young parents with prams, older people with heavy bags struggle up the front door to reception. If there is a ramp, I think it needs to be advertised for those to use. Plus in the Breakfast room there was no ramp down to the tables and chairs.
Look I see a lot of business people and buses of tourists passing through the doors, which is great in this time, however I don't think you get your money's worth. I would price this room between 95-110 per night.

Room Tip: Ring and speak to staff would be your best bet of what you need for a room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tamvon

I am sorry that there were some shortfalls with your stay and I will be addressing them with the team here. As the Castle is a listed building there is very little we can change about the main entrance, however we do have a wheelchair entrance from the hotel carpark that leads to the reception, bedrooms and restaurants in the hotel. We do have a ramp leading into the breakfast room which should have been pointed out to you by a member of staff.
Once again I apologise that we were not able to ease the stress of having to stay with us due to you having car issues and I do hope you had a pleasant journey home.

sherborne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

we have arrived at the hotel to be met by warm welcome from all the staff our room is first class luxery wea had a lovely breakfast followed by a light lunch a real treat i cant say how but nothing is to much trouble we cant wait to book our next break

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear David

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your stay with us, I am delighted that once again you enjoyed your visit to the Castle and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Beautiful location on a wonderful day including nearby friendly town. Bus service into grounds direct to airport every hour too. Everything was great, you wont be disappointed. There were rooms with a balcony which I guess would have just heightened my experience and I will ask next time. A wedding took place whilst I was there and the couple would have been very lucky to have the backdrop of this location in their photos.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a balcony
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
NickyLogue, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Sparkhall

Thank you for your lovely comments, it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you have time to relax and enjoy the spectacular views while you are with us, then our balcony seaview rooms are well worth the extra spend.
Let me know when you are returning to the Castle again
Long Island, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

If you decide to stay at Fitzpatricks Castle do not book a "Family Room". They are absolutely filthy. My husband and I are festidious when we we first check in any hotel room checking for bed bugs. We did not find any bugs here but, what we did find was not much more comforting. If you have allergies or breathing difficulties beware, the dust in these rooms is horrible. The bed skirt was so full of dust that I had to take it off and shake it out in the bath tub. The bed was on wheels when we moved it check behind it we found more dust (these were not dust bunnies, they were dust monsters) and candy was stuck to the carpet plus other items such as crayons missing puzzles pieces. It seemed like the room had not been cleaned at all. We went downstair and asked for another room. The manager was pleasent enough and gave us another room down the hall but, it was not much better same issues stained mattress, dust. The web site shows some very nice rooms I guess they must be suites because we never saw any rooms like that. The hotel is located in a very nice area if you want to stay outside of Dublin and it's a short walk to the train DART. The staff was very nice and the lobby was beautiful. But they need to clean up those family rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Island Girl

I was very disappointed to read that the cleanliness of your room was not up to our normal high standard. We do have a deep cleaning maintenance programme in place for all our bedrooms which on this occasion it appears your room was missed.I will be addressing your feedback with our Accommodation Manager.
Please accept my apolgises and I do hope you enjoyed your in Ireland despite these shortcomings.
Director/General Manager

Been to Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin? Share your experiences!