“Lovely gardens shame about the tea rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 17 attractions in Bray
Type: Gardens, Historic Sites
Attraction Details
“Lovely gardens shame about the tea rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

The gardens were lovely but the tea rooms were very very disappointing. I ordered the focaccia and a side salad came with it. The salad was not washed properly and to my dismay I found a small dead slug in it. I showed the staff behind the counter and asked her to remove the salad and the dead slug from my plate. She did so and apologised and said I could come back in and order some cake or a biscuit when I was finished the focaccia. I didn't take up the offer. Was unhappy that they did not offer to refund me. I did not find the staff very helpful or friendly from entering to leaving the tea rooms. Would go back to the gardens but not the tea rooms.

Newtownards
“Pleasant way to pass a day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Very interesting visit, lots to see in the house and gardens, in our case the visit did end rather abruptly in the Orangery, where we were shown out a side door, having not been told the tour was over, we waited for a few minutes before it dawned on us all, had to laugh, guide did seem abit stuck up, as if it was all rather tirsesome.

Hastings, E Sussex
12 attraction reviews
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We recently visited Kilruddery and unfortunately could not tour the house.
We did not realise that our entry fee was to the grounds only, it would have helped if we had been told that there was a wedding on and therefore could not see the House. We found the person at the entry office most unhelpful, she stated that we should have requested the house, however as she was the person with the knowledge it would have been gracious to have told us that our entry fee was only the gardens! This is not the way to treat tourists.

Bray, Ireland
“Relaxing and beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Love to spend a lot of time here with my husband and children. The children love the freedom of the gardens and the many child friendly events that they have. Yearly membership great value.

Visited July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I attended the Groove music festival in Killruddery with my wife and two you g daughters and we had a magical day. I know Killruddery well over the years and it's a lovely place to go for a walk or picnic and to look around the house itself and the various other attractions within the grounds

Visited July 2013