“Worth a look......” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 19 things to do in Bray
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the official page of The Harbour Bar, one of Bray's best loved pubs.Voted as one of the Lonely Planet's best bars in the world this is a gem located right beside the boxing club where Katie Taylor trains, often calling in to use the facilities.This is one of Bray's top spots for live music with traditional and acoustic sessions in the bar every Wednesday - Sunday and live bands in the lounge every Thursday - Sunday.The iconic Harbour Bar in Bray, Co Wicklow, is famous for attracting a glittering clientele and its visitors' book is a who's who of famous names down through the decades.The Harbour Bar is open daily.
London
20 attraction reviews
“Worth a look......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

If your in Bray and you'd like to experience a quirky little Irish place then this is it. Music and a great atmosphere.

Visited August 2012

Kinnelon, New Jersey
“Fabulous Pub Experience at Harbour Bar Bray”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

From the moment I found out that we would be in the Bray, Ireland area for a family wedding I knew that we needed to pay a visit to Harbour Bar - Bray, Ireland "The Best Bar in the Universe" as seen on-line... and we were not disappointed. We had a fantistic time sipping pints of Guinness at this ecclectic and interesting Pub.
This place has 4 different rooms to cater to whatever your mood happens to be or your style for Pubs and we spent time in each room. The old original bar room isn't fancy or anything and has the look and feel of a very old Irish Pub with what look to be original taps still on display. While we were there they had a group of musicians playing classic Irish Pub Tunes (I called them The Lads). There's a smaller more intimate room called "The Snook or The Snug or something" - maybe a great room if you're on a date or something. In the back they have a room with a stage for live bands. They also have a room that might remind some of the Library/Den in their house with a fully functional real wood burning fire place and sitting couches - kind of like a Parlor.
The crowd here was as ecclectic as the place.They seem to collect odd stuff that people just bring in to them so when you go keep this in mind and bring them something you just have lying around. Had I known this I would have shown up prepared.
We had a chance to meet one of the owners who was a great host to us while we there.
The people were great, beer was good and we had a great time. Well worth the visit and definately a place I'd like to return to. Sloncha (sp?)... Cheers!!! Enjoy.

Visited April 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Classic Bar with great atmosphere and pints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have visited the Harbour Bar on many occasions. The decor is quirky and interesting and in winter it's a great cosy bar. There is a conservatory at the front so good for Summer as well. I've always found the pints to be top notch but I do like my Guinness chilled.

If you want good fun and enjoy a traditional Irish pub then you'll enjoy the Harbour Bar.

New York City, New York
“Wonderful Bar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I visited the Harbour Bar on my recent trip to Ireland (home is NYC), and had a fantastic time! I loved all of the different sections of the bar that all had their own quirky vibe. Bartenders were friendly and drinks were inexpensive. I also discovered that at some point in Ireland's history, women and men weren't allowed to drink in the same bar, so there was a little woman's bar called a "snug" separate from the main bar. This place is so old that they have one of these! That was probably my favorite section. So cool!

New York City, New York
“Even better than I'd heard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Friends of mine visited the Harbour Bar and strongly recommended that I drop in on my trip to Ireland. I did and had a great night that I'll remember for a long time. Everything about it was relaxing and welcoming. Even while being comfortably irish it has a definite scene going on with celebs and edgey music. Also it only took 15 minutes out from the city centre on the Dart - light rail !