“Hell from Hell” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cahir
Cork
“Hell from Hell”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

Stayed in this hotel last weekend , The room was old fashioned , filty , found hairs in the bed , walls stained , furniture broken , dented , dirty . I wouldn't leave my dog stay in this hotel . I changed rooms and the nxt morning the walls were so thin I could hear everything from the bathroom next to me . Highly recommend to stay as far away form this hotel if possible , even in the morning the staff couldn't even wish me good morning .My tip would be if really stuck for somewhere to stay , sleep in your car.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
rayray1977, Manager at Cahir House Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to read your comments and all I can do is express my humblest apologies that you did not enjoy your stay.

We are under new management at the moment and striving to make improvements to the property. If you would give us another chance I am convinced that we could delight you.

I very much hope to see you soon.

Warmest regards,
Ray McDonnell
(Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Wicklow, IE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

met a really effective receptionist, I arrived late and he had everything ready for me, great sleep and lovely breakfast. Must say I enjoyed my stay and foudn everyone great. Right in centre of town and no street noise in the room.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Englewood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

I stayed here one night (without reservation) while touring with a family of 6; we had two triples. Cahir is a very nice small town; less touristy and more scenic then nearby Cashel. The hotel's location right on the town square within sight of well preserved Cahir Castle (floodlite at night) is particularly nice touristically. Service and food generally was above average. The hotel is a creaky traditional old hotel, but well furnished, maintained, and popular with locals. The rooms were nice sized, furnished, and maintained. The hotel pub was full for a rugby championship game which provided color to our stay, and as indicated, above average food. A bistro offered more elaborate dining. Adjacent the lobby and pub were a couple of classically appointed library style sitting rooms (reportedly internet 'hot', bedrooms were not). I'm an early riser; hotel cleaning staff made a point of offering me tea or coffee there around 6 AM (nice gesture). In the back, a beer garden is available during summer months. I'd recommend this hotel and town as a layover for the tourist traveler.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

Arrived at this hotel for a wedding. I really enjoyed my two days at this hotel. There was a lovely bistro with excellent food. The serive from the staff was very good. We were late getting up for breakfast but there was no problem with getting a breakfast late which we should not of been allowed. There was a great band playing the saturday night in the hotle pub. Love the town and the lovely walks.

Highly Recommended

• Stayed December 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Peachtree City, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

We were looking for a hotel in a small town in County Tipperary.
Drove through Cashel(Rock of Cashel) then on to Cahir. We were planning to return to Cashel for the night but saw this hotel.
Liked the town and walked into hotel along town square. Prices
were reasonable 45euros per person which is average for Oct.
Staff was very helpful and friendly. Check in and out painless.
Lunch was good as was the complimentary Irish Breakfast.
The location was great - a block away from Cahir Castle and on town square. Good parking in back with lovely walkway to castle.
Nice pub with friendly bartender -typical of Ireland. The room was
small for 2 beds, shower and beds clean and comfortable. Several pubs and a very nice inexpensive Italian restaurant a block away. Internet service did not work on my computer @ hotel but there was an internet cafe 1/2 block away.
Cahir Castle tour was nice - the castle grounds lovely and there was a really nice town walk along the river to the Swiss cottage (about a 25 minute walk). I would definitely recommend this and would not hesitate to stay here again.
bbeerbower

• Liked — location, efficient friendly staff
  • Disliked — small room wireless internet did not work
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
perth australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2008

Cahir House is a hotel in the style of an Old Grand Irish Home. It has beautiful furnishings and is located on the edge of the market square . We stayed 2 nights there in a superb en-suite room with a magnificant 4 poster bed. The breakfast was excellent and there is a lot to see and do in Cahir and surrounding area. Cahir Castle is about 2 minutes walk from the hotel and there is also a lovely walk along the river bank which runs behind the hotel.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Wexford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

Rooms -Clean but too hot.
Service - Friendly and efficient
Food - Well prepared and served with a smile.
Reception - on departing Friendly and efficient
On Arrival . This was the most distressing , contemptable, unfriendly, uncooperative reception possible from any person in any hotel anywhere. There was no attempt made to understand the needs of our party especially to one who was in obvious distress.
Members of our party, friends ,relatives and work colleagues have vowed never to use this hotel again on their regular journeys through Cahir.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Too hot
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dear Guest,

I am so glad to see all the postives you took from your stay with us. However, I am disappointed that your arrival was not handled more professionally. We pride ourselves on customer service, warmth and the training we give to our front of house staff. I would ask you to try us again and I am sure we can look after you.

Regards,
Ray McDonnell
Manager

Been to Cahir House Hotel? Share your experiences!