“Superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of O' Neills Bistro

O' Neills Bistro
Thomastown | Golden, Cashel, Ireland (Formerly Kenny O Neill at Lily Mai's)
+3536272847
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food,service,value and atmosphere.under new management and going from strength to strength.definately will be returning!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
konman1984, Owner at O' Neills Bistro, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear customer,
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time out to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope to have you back again very soon.
Kind Regards,
Kenny O Neill.

96% Recommend
Syney
“New management, new chef, new menu = fantastic night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

It was my first time to Lily Mai's on 01/02 and it was worth it. New chef Kenny O' Neills menu is great value and the options we chose were fantastic. We had the salmon roulade to start enough for 2 in one portion), the 10oz striploin with plenty of extras on the plate and a delicious pepper sauce and the crispy skin duck breast with plenty on the plate also (we also got complimentary veggies too). We decided to splash out and have desserts too my partner had the the chocolate truffle slice and I opted for the white chocolate pannacotta which were mouth watering. We thoroughly enjoyed our night, the food, the presentation, the service and ambience was fantastic. I will definitely be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
konman1984, Owner at O' Neills Bistro, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hi Shelly,
Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review and for all your positive feedback. We were delighted to have ye on the night and glad that ye were impressed with the food.
Here at Kenny O Neill @ Lily Mais we are always thriving to be better and we rely heavily on customer feedback so its always fantastic to get it.
We hope we will see ye again sometime in the near future. Thanks for your support and I hope it will be an even better experience next time !!!!
Regards, Kenny O Neill.
Limerick, Ireland
“Poor food and attitude!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We ate here a couple of times but it has certainly allowed standards to drop. There was no one thing that was terrible just a lot of small things. Bad attitude, sub standard and cold food for the price, we won't be returning.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Belfast
“Fantastic food in homely setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had lunch in Lil y Mais just after Christmas. I had the pate and my partner had the salmon cakes. Both were delicious. The staff were very friendly and we were made to feel welcome even though were were the first people in.I love the decor and a snoop in the gift shop.We plan to go back for an eveing meal soon.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Galway, Ireland
“Quite disappointed 2nd time around”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My partner & myself had an evening meal in Lily Mai's just before Christmas. This was my second time there in as many months. On the 1st occasion the meal was fair to good. On the most recent visit I would rate the experience only fair, the reasons being. For the quality of the food it was quite expensive, we shared a small fish cake starter - not good value. My partner had a Turkey & Ham main course with very little vegetables & was served quite cold. I had a steak which was quite good, but no veg was served when I declined a serving of mushroom, apart from some cold chips. We both had a glass of wine, mine was a lukewarm white & I asked for some ice to cool it down, The red wine was the same temp & was quite nice. We decided not to order any desserts or coffee. Just as we were finishing the owner came to our table & asked did I need more ice for my wine & admitted that the white wine had been left out of the cooler earlier, hence the problem with the temperature. She did not even offer a apology. The cost of our experience was well in excess of €50 & certainly customer care in the establishment leaves alot to be desired. I dont expect to be back

• Visited December 2012