“Quite disappointed 2nd time around” 3 of 5 stars
Review of O' Neills Bistro

O' Neills Bistro
Thomastown | Golden, Cashel, Ireland (Formerly Kenny O Neill at Lily Mai's)
+3536272847
Cuisines: French, Irish
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Galway, Ireland
“Quite disappointed 2nd time around”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My partner & myself had an evening meal in Lily Mai's just before Christmas. This was my second time there in as many months. On the 1st occasion the meal was fair to good. On the most recent visit I would rate the experience only fair, the reasons being. For the quality of the food it was quite expensive, we shared a small fish cake starter - not good value. My partner had a Turkey & Ham main course with very little vegetables & was served quite cold. I had a steak which was quite good, but no veg was served when I declined a serving of mushroom, apart from some cold chips. We both had a glass of wine, mine was a lukewarm white & I asked for some ice to cool it down, The red wine was the same temp & was quite nice. We decided not to order any desserts or coffee. Just as we were finishing the owner came to our table & asked did I need more ice for my wine & admitted that the white wine had been left out of the cooler earlier, hence the problem with the temperature. She did not even offer a apology. The cost of our experience was well in excess of €50 & certainly customer care in the establishment leaves alot to be desired. I dont expect to be back

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great food, great value, cosy, lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is my favourite restaurant to visit in the Cashel area. The decor is really pretty and cosy, and the welcome is always very warm. On my last visit I had lamb, delicious! This is good, honest food. A lot of care goes into the provenance of the ingredients, and the food is very tasty and well presented, with flair and imagination. The bread is freshly baked, divine! Very good value for money, well worth the short drive from Cashel, through pretty Tipperary scenery.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“lovely place to stop for light meal and staff were very accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

liked everything about this resteraunt Its more a place for lunch or dinner than coffee but very nice Will go again when in the area

Visited October 2012
Ireland
“All-ways a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My friend is a Lily Mai-aholic! There is also a Lily Mai's in Bunratty and we visit them for special treats. The scones are to live for and coffee, tea, cakes, paninis, salads and breads are always fresh crunchy, scrumptious and tasty. Don't pass one without visiting.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Limerick, Ireland
“Afternoon tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Afternoon tea for three. Good service. Nice ambiance upstairs. Large pot of tea plus good selection of cakes.

Visited October 2012