“A little bit of style” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cashel
Warwickshire
“A little bit of style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We are regular visitors to the bar in the Cashel Palace and have often talked about staying there, early this year we took the plunge and decided to stay.

Since this was a treat we decided to stay in a suite in the main house, we are very glad we did; the room was fantastic, very big with separate bath and shower. The room we had (15) gave a fantasic view to the Rock of Cashel and a selection of seating to view it too.

The staff were very friendly and most helpful when were asking about things we wanted to do.

I was slightly disappointed by the breakfast although we had a lovely roaring fire to greet us. I found it very standard .... I would have been pleased with it at a B&B but not of an hotel of this quality.

That said I look forward to returning when my girlfriend can treat me!!

Room Tip: Choose rooms 14 or 15 for a view of the Rock of Cashel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Rather than just let the holiday season peter out, we bought an internet deal and headed for the Cashel Palace Hotel in Tipperary. I had stopped there before but only for coffee or lunch in the old days when it took ten months to get from Dublin to Cork and much of this was in traffic in Cashel. I had always wondered what it would be like to stay in such an elegant and gentrified hotel. On 4 January 2014 I got my chance with the lovely Barbara.
Having lunched in Café Hans, reviewed as well, we made our way to the hotel. Actually we went to book in before lunch but our room wasn't ready. However, they insisted on taking our bags, assigning our room and telling us a short cut to the café. They could not have been nicer. This was a great way to set us up for lunch.
Anyway, having returned from lunch at around half four on a wet and windy day, we felt forced to make a second detour before going to our room for the first time. This time it was to the Guinness Bar in the basement of the hotel. Great Guinness and great room and waitress.
Got to room and had a snooze on the massive bed. You would have to after such an indulgent afternoon.
Up again and ready for action at eight and off to the restaurant in the basement via the Guinness Bar. Lovely meal, Barbara is still talking about her duck. My chicken while very tasty hardly got a mention.
Finished the evening in Mickey's bar.' You know it' said the receptionist 'its beside Donoghues'.
Mickey's is one of those bar/ grocery shops that hark back to a slower/ more reflective time. Just like the hotel.
To find the hotel, go to Donohues, have a pint, repair to Mickey's and have another pint before proceeding to the Palace. Tell them Mark and Barbara sent you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stopped off here for one night travelling from Cork to Dublin. Booking the hotel last minute. The staff greeting us were very friendly. It was nice to be brought up to our room. The hotel room was brilliant. The bathroom had a separate bath and shower. The bath was so big! The bed was really comfortable. We couldn't hear any of the other guests walking about. The breakfast was lovely the next morning. We would definitely be coming back for a longer stay to explore the hotel and grounds more.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

What a wonderful hotel. My husband surprised me for my Birthday with an overnight to The Cashel Palace, I had never heard of the place & we were both pleasantly surprised on arrival as the we both felt the website didn't do it justice.
My overall feeling is that this hotel is doing right what other hotel seem to be doing wrong, namely friendly, obliging & knowledgable staff & wonderful breakfast cooked to order. The rooms are lovely. The atmosphere is relaxed & cheery, the building & gardens embrace the tradition of the house & thankfully have not been over modernised.
The food was great, well cooked with great choices.
No review would be complete without mentioning Denis the barman who was charming, interesting & very professional. Needless to say, we will be back.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here last weekend using a Groupon voucher, and could not fault any aspect of our stay. The hotel is perfectly located in the centre of town, yet it feels like the middle of the countryside. staff couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating, and were very friendly at every meeting. We loved the Guinness bar with it's blazing fire and warm atmosphere. Dinner in the hotel on Saturday night was lovely, and again, the service was excellent. Breakfast on both mornings was delicious. Our room was charming, and even had a fireplace. The addition of coffee/tea making facilities would have made it perfect. Would definatey recommend this hotel for a couples getaway.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Before my stay I read some negative reviews and was a bit worried, but decided to give it a chance.... I do not know what is wrong with some people...some bulbs are off? so what? :) the place is so special, warm, welcoming, homy and I like the fact that they keep it authentic. we had a Junior Suite and it was beautiful, the bathtub was big, the bed was confy, great for a romantic escape. The food at the restaurant was really tasty as well. I highly recommend this hotel for a weekend. The location is also very convenient.

Room Tip: I recommend the Junior Suite!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Warren, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The Cashel Palace Hotel was by far one of my favorite hotel stays. We arrived in Cashel on a drizzly evening after a long day of sightseeing and driving and found ourselves in a cozy warm setting. We ate dinner in the Guinness Bar and our meal was fabulous. While we sat at a table in front of the peat fire, we found our waitress Aileen to be the most friendly and attentive server on our trip to Ireland.

The rooms, while charming, were a tad small and the hotel could use some minor upgrades. We had a little trouble figuring out the shower, but a nice staff member came immediately and helped us out.

The next morning after a fabulous breakfast sitting next to another warm peat fire, we walked through the yard by the Guinness hops and ancient mulberry trees to the Rock of Cashel in the pouring rain the next day. When we came back we had sandwiches by the peat fire in the lobby and took advantage of the free WiFi. The character of the place and the friendliness of the staff made this place somewhere I would recommend to others and that I want to come back to.

Room Tip: I only stayed one night, so the room was fine. If I was there for a special occasion (such as a hon...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Cashel Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!