“If only I was served........” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Dundalk
meath
“If only I was served........”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I headed into the bar in August for my lunch. As far as I can tell <friends/family/other restaurants> I am a fairly normal woman.....I wash every day. I brush my hair and teeth lots! I am unlikely to challenge staff and diners to a wrestling match outside. I'd go as far as to say I'd blend in well in most places.

I have to say that the staff and manager would certainly agree! I walked in, sat down and waited........and waited.......and waited........I grabbed a menu off a very surely waitress and.......waited some more. At this point I got bored and figured that 40 minutes was long enough and left. The place wasn't that busy, in fact people who arrived in after me were served. I emailed the hotel to outline my annoyance........I guess my email blended in very well too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear nameme,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel bar. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the services received from the hotel bar may have caused. I will follow up with the staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We arrived into the hotel very late as part of a larger group trip. One of our group rang ahead and asked would the hotel be finished serving food as was after 10 o clock when we would be arriving. The hotel very kindly offered to keep their bar food service open for us and also had all our keys ready for us upon arrival. The lobby area was very nicely decorated and the check in staff were very friendly and helpful. We checked in (v swiftly) and made our way to the bar for some late food and a night cap. The staff again were all very friendly, i ordered bangers and mash which was one of the nicest i have had and the guinness was almost as good !!!!
After polishing off our delicous dinner and a couple of great pints of guinness we retired to our extremely well decorated and comfortable rooms. The bedrooms were all large double twin rooms , with nice sized bathrooms, large plasma screens and very nicely decorated. The beds were class and i got a great nights sleep before getting up to a great breakfast buffet the next morning. I cannot fault this hotel, the staff are all extremely friendly and helpful, great food and guiness and this modern hotel itself is very nicely decorated...all in all a very nice hotel and i would have no hesitation staying here if i were in dundalk again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

After the disappointment of Bewleys in Dublin, the Crown Plaza was a happy surprise. Great views from modern, clean, comfortable rooms. Bathrooms looked great and had both a tub and a shower stall. Good fitness center and good enough restaurant. Wifi in the lobby, but weirdly only wired internet in the rooms. Friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

You know what you are getting with a Crowne Plaza - not luxurious but comfortable and this hotel fits the bill well. The location is good, just a short taxi ride from Dundalk town centre, the rooms are excellent with newly fitted shower room in my room. Highlights are the panaroramic view of the Irish sea from the 13th floor breakfast room (breakfast was also excellent) and great Irish service. The Irish are the best at Hotel service in the world in my book and the team at this hotel are a great example of it. Slainte!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Epsom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were a party booking of 14 people, over for a wedding.The staff dealt courteously with several enquiries we made before & when we arrived. The rooms were excellent; large, clean, nicely decorated and providing all the facilties we needed. Bathroom excellent & spotless too! We had dinner, B&B. The food and service were very good indeed. Agree that the view from the restaurant is amazing! Nothing was too much trouble. - We were all very impressed!

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the main road. We didn't find this a problem but some might.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We booked this hotel via hotels.com as we were going to a wedding at the Darver Castle. After having booked the hotel I looked at the invitation and it stated that there was a courtesy bus. When we arrived at the hotel the gentleman was on the phone and when he got off he was the most unhelpful person. We asked about the courtesy bus he told us that we had missed it and that we would have to pay because we didn't book via the hotel itself. We paid more than what we were suppose to but anyways I asked about a taxi and he said it would cost us €10. So we got a taxi to Darver castle in the courtesy bus but unfortunately the taxi was €20 for a 10 min journey a total rip off disgusted.
Then of the way back we were charged again. Our whole experience made it a very expensive wedding as well as the unhelpfulness of the staff. I am totally disgusted about the whole thing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Kagr,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. I am glad that our room accommodations were satisfactory enough for your needs. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience you experienced with our courtesy bus and staff service. I understand the discomfort that this caused you and I appreciate you bringing these issues into our attention as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for two nights around a wedding in the area. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was excellent large well decorated and clean with a panoramic view. The bathroom was also firstclass witha a large and easy to operate shower as well as a bath. The panoramic view from the room was surpassed by the view from the 13th Floor restaurant and the wide choice of the cooked breakfast was only let down by being less than hot.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk? Share your experiences!