“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dundalk
County Louth, Ireland
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Definitely the best hotel in co Louth! Excellent food, staff, spa and leisure facility! Top class! The staff are very helpful, I could not fault this hotel! Lots of parking, less than an hour from Dublin airport, directly off motorway! Half way between Dundalk and Newry excellent location for a shopping trip and the spa has great offers to help relax! Hotel has a lovely atmosphere and is locally owned! It's not like a hotel chain where staff have to follow procesures, they want to make ur stay as enjoyable as possible! Nothing seems to b a problem! Could not recommend highly enough!

• Stayed March 2014
OrlaHayesMarketing, Marketing at Carrickdale Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments and I am delighted that you hear that you truely had a wonderful experience at the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa. One of the main features of the hotel is the fact that it is family owned and this is reflected throughout the hotel through the warm, friendly manner of the staff and the welcoming atmostphere to all guests. I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
bangor co down
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

stayed for one night but really enjoyed it.
price was excellent
breakfast was superb and plentiful.
staff very good and attentive.
very busy hotel and very well run .
rooms clean and a great shower.
will come back actually one of our friends is going to book for a group stay later this year.
thanks

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
MarketingCdale, Marketing at Carrickdale Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
I am delighted you enjoyed your 1 night break at the hotel - Thankfully the hotel is vey busy, and I am glad you still received attentive service throughout. I am delighted to read you and your friends are going to stay later on in the year and will look forward to welcoming you back.
Ballymena, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

The fact that we come regularly to the Carrickdale speaks for itself! We usually dine here about every 6-8 weeks and also stay overnight on occasions. We have been frequenting this hotel now for a few years and couldn't speak highly enough of the staff.
This evening we dined in the newly refurbished restaurant - beautiful decor! We were looked after on this occasion by John and I could not speak highly enough of our experience tonight. John is so mannerly and attentive and could not have done enough to make our evening enjoyable. Nothing was too much trouble for him. We really find the Carrickdale home from home and all the staff are so pleasant, courteous and helpful from the reception staff right across the board. I even commented to one of the house-keeping staff how spotlessly clean they kept the toilets.
We have dined in many establishments but truthfully the Carrickdale beats them all - our expectations are more than met every single time!

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room when staying
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I am delighted our newly refurbished restaurant has got its first review as it has only been opened a few days - however I agree it has truly transformed the dining experience.

John, the restaurant manager is fantastic at his job and ensures all guests have a positive experience in the Carrick Restaurant - I am delighted you found him mannerly and attentive - I will certainly pass this onto him.

The hotel does try and keep its standards very high and I am delighted to read your comments about the spotlessly clean toilets and courteous reception staff. I will look forward to see you returning to the hotel soon.
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Visited here today with my daughter and have to say it was a wonderful experience. I had a body scrub with Kathleen, this started with all over scrub, then a wrap while I was given a head massage, once showered I had my skin massaged and moisturised I felt wonderful so thank you Kathleen for the fabulous experience. I was given a refreshing sorbet before visiting the beautiful relaxation room with a wonderful array of fresh fruit and juices, I then used the other facilities before retiring across to the hotel for coffee. I would recommend using this spa to anyone if you want a great day out with family or friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your lovely comments about Serenity Spa which I will pass onto the Spa Manager and her team! The treatments are truly wonderful and relaxing and the thermal suite and outdoor hot tub is absolutely amazing.

I am delighted you also enjoyed the light refreshments and hope you and your daughter come back again soon!
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

A group of us went for half day spa day - we went mid week, so it was nice and quiet. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We used the pool and bot-tub and a few minutes in the Thermal Suite. We also had a light lunch after our treatments, tea, scones, fruit, it was delicious and a nice way to end the day. The treatments were very good. I would return with no hesitation. Just a few small things, mainly about changing rooms - the showers go cold after a few minutes. One of the girls had to have a freezing shower. Its abit bad for a hotel to have no hot water for showers. There's plastic shower curtains! Also the changing rooms seem to be for both men and women, its very open and no privacy.

Room Tip: Book mid week when its quiet so you get the use of the facilites.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
I am delighted you enjoyed your spa experience and our café and thermal suite are amazing! In relation to the shower, I apologise if your friends shower was cold - this should not have been the case but I will certainly get this looked at.

Serenity Spa have always excellent packages and offers available so I hope to see you back for another relaxing experience soon!!
County Antrim, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Just after another excellent meal at our favorite hotel & restaurant. Caroline served us tonight and as usual was very friendly and helpful. She always makes us feel at home and nothing is ever too much trouble for her. All the staff go the extra mile to make sure we have an enjoyable visit. Couldnt recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed May 2014
It is lovely to read so many reviews about our wonderful staff!! Caroline is an excellent asset to the hotel and has been here many years and her customer service skills are second to none! I will pass this lovely review onto our and hope to see you again soon!
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel must pride itself on its staff. We have stayed in canel court hotel in newry which is the sister hotel & much more expensive. Do yourself a favour & stay here. A lot cheaper & the staff are brilliant everything was done with a smile & a friendly word. Will not be returning to canel court hotel but will be returning 2 the carrickdale hotel. From start to finish this hotel is outstanding and it's only 5/10 mins drive from newry. My only regret is I might not get a booking here again.

Room Tip: Our room was bril & booked at the last minute
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa and am delighted you would like to stay here again. Just to make you aware the Canal Court Hotel have some new fantastic summer offers available so don't be afraid to also try them!!

The hotel has also recently launched its new website so keep an eye out on our offers and we will see you again soon!

Been to Carrickdale Hotel? Share your experiences!