“Everything and more” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dundalk
Manchester
“Everything and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and i have stayed here on many occasions and have always found the staff to be very
helpful Nothing seems to be too much trouble.From the moment you walk to reception and are greeted by a smiling face it just makes me feel so at home. The food in both the restaurant and the bar is exellent. Its very pleasant to relax in the entrance area and enjoy a coffee among friends.The leisure facilities and childrens play area are very good .We are looking forward to our next visit

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MarketingCdale, Marketing at Carrickdale Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and will look forward to you visiting the hotel again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Sunbury, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Lovely looking building, great room, spacious, Four beds in room ( we booked for three). Very Quiet, spacious bathroom. 2 chairs and a table! We were on top floor. Easy car parking.
About 100m from Northern Ireland so uses Euros ONLY.
The pool and spa etc is across the road (tunnel underneath). You walk through the reception, then the conservatory then under the road and then into the reception of the spa area.
Newry is just up the road and has lots of historic stuff and good shops - uses POUNDS sterling as it is over the border.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about the hotel. Just one small thing to clarify – We do accept both euro and sterling/pounds throughout the hotel so I am unsure why you thought we only accepted Euros. Also, although the town of Newry uses pounds/sterling as their currency, most shops will accept euro notes. I just wanted to clarify this for future guests. Thank you for taking the time in posting a lovely review about our hotel.
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

paddy-d belfast. took my wife away for our wedding anniversary, we were both very impressed with the carrickdale hotel, the hotel was spotless, breakfast was perfect, warm and well cooked, would definitely go back to this hotel, staff were friendly. my wife particularly enjoyed the outdoor hot-tub

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind comments – I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Took my partner away for a nights stay at the Carrickdale Hotel. From start to finish it was excellent. Room was very clean and excellent size bed. Spa and pool area very clean and excellent facilities. Great idea of underpass to get to Spa area. Outdoor Hot Tub is clean and also has beautiful views over the excellently manicured gardens. We took a stroll around the gardens and they were absolutely beautiful. Ideal venue for weddings. Staff very helpful at Spa & Reception. Food also excellent in restaurant. We had a 4 course evening meal and food was beautiful. Also the breakfast was very tasty and set us up very well for our onward travels. All in all it was an excellent stay at the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa. Would recommend it to anyone and will definitely be back to avail of the excellent facilities and warm Welcome from the staff.

• Stayed September 2012
MarketingCdale, Public Relations Manager at Carrickdale Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. Our pool area is maintained to a very high standard and is cleaned meticulously every day. I am delighted you enjoyed all our facilities including our landscaped gardens - they are very relaxing to take a stroll around. Our hotel is an ideal location for weddings and we offer various packages to suit all couples. I appreciate you recommending us to others and will look forward to your return to our hotel.
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I booked a Two Day Mid Week Break For My Husband and Myself Tuesday and Wednesday, On Booking I gave Credit Card details on arrival Receptionist gave me Guest form To fill in aked how we were gong to pay I ticked cash then receptionist said if you paying by cash I want full amount of your stay now I said you can swipe my credit Card as Guarantee she said no I want cash in full now .I have stayed in Hotels World wide and never had this before ,I paid in full .On Departure we were asked to pay again I said we paid on arrival this receptionist said you wer here Three Nights the Monday also I said we arrived on Tuesday see my check in Registration,We got no apology ,Had to wait for Senior Receptionist to fix error, I found Reception staff were not efficent and have no customer relation skills,
Cleaning in the Bedroom was very poor skirting Boards filthy,Bed was hard,
You access Bedroom area at end of a corridor that leads on to Car Park,not safe for females on their own.
No security staff .Dinning room floor was not cleaned while we stayed there,Table Mats on Tables need replacing.
Overall Very poor .I was surprised as the reports on Trip Advisor were good for staff.
Has made me wonder who are giving staff the good Reports.
In my opinion Trip Advisor needs to send Mystery Guests to check and do a full report.

Room Tip: Ask for a room front facing,OnTop floor .
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa. Our check in procedure is normally very straightforward - if guests wish to pay for their stay in cash, we do normally request this at the time of check in. Although we could have taken your credit card to allow room charges, this can cause money to be held in your bank account for several working days if you do not pay with this credit card, and this can cause confusion at a later stage. To avoid this from happening the receptionist would have asked for your cash up front. I apologise for the confusion on check out - I will need to speak to the reception team to see what happened on this occasion.

In relation to your comments about our reception team having no customer relation skills, I can assure you this is not the case - As you can see from previous comments, our reception team and all other staff members are always complimented on their efficiency, helpfulness and friendliness and thankfully you are an exception rather than the rule.

In relation to our dining room floor - our dining room is always cleaned at the end of each evening and at the end of each service (ie. breakfast/lunch/dinner), so this is not the case that it was not cleaned during your stay.

I am delighted that your comments are not shared by many others on trip advisor. I have noticed your reviews from other hotels have also been poor - it's a shame you do not enjoy short breaks away. If you wish to book the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa in the future, I will be delighted if you would contact me directly and we would endeavour to accomodate your specific needs.
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Only stayed here for one night with my husband and 2 13 year olds we loved it very clean,quiet music i the bar most evenings.We used the leisure centre very clean also had a meal in the bar and a lovely breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MarketingCdale, Marketing at Carrickdale Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for your comments - I am delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa. Our leisure centre is very family friendly. We also have a great selection on our bar snack menu which is available from Monday - Saturday, which I am delighted you enjoyed. We also have our Carrick Restaurant available, so hopefully you will be able to try it out the next time you stay!!
Béal Feirste, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had our wedding at the Carrickdale Hotel last June and have stayed a few times after this, the staff, food and everything about it were absolutley amazing. I would recomend this hotel to anyone. We have never had a bad stay here and the rooms were kept extremley clean. Their carvery is a must have for any food lover! It will be a hotel my husband and I return to time and time again.
Their gardens are fantastic for photos and there is also mini golf!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful comments and we are delighted you enjoyed your wedding at the Carrickdale Hotel & Spa. We ensure all our wedding guests have a wonderful day and our breathtaking gardens are fantastic for photos. We will be delighted to see you staying with us in the near future.

Been to Carrickdale Hotel? Share your experiences!