“Another great time” 5 of 5 stars

wolverhampton
9 attraction reviews
“Another great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Here again at pheonix bar for st patricks, cant add anymore from my previous review another great afternoon evening and night. Great beers live traddy music and irish stew are all on offer. I dont get negative reviews on here betty remembers me from last year and made me welcome as ever! Always worth a visit and dont be put off by negative reviews..see you nxt yr betty!

Dublin. Ireland
10 attraction reviews
“good pub, spacious, betty is a lunatic though”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

i was here for my work christmas party, i was warned enough about "sweaty betty" and sure enough everything you hear is true!

the woman is unbelievable, you cant sneeze and she tries to throw you out, constantly asking people to move and moving jackets around, you cant say anything to her. she would start a row in an empty room.

only night i was there she as usual stuck her nose in moving coats around and started an unneccesary row. she asked me to leave which i was more than happy to do (I actually laughed in her face she was being so ridiculous).

bar and bar staff great, betty is an utter lunatic though!

Visited December 2013
Dundalk, Ireland
“Great little pub, shame about the owner.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start about the Phoenix? A truely delightful little pub located on Dundalks main street. Always decorated to the very highest standard, especially for St. Patricks day, Halloween, Easter and Christmas. That is all a credit to the owner. But that is where the credit stops.

Her constant meddling in peoples business is just downright harassment. From moving people into different seats, in favour of her "regulars" to removing peoples jackets and hanging them up the opposite side of the room the woman is as mad as a bag of brushes.

Upon entering the premises one night I was told to get a burger next door and go for a walk around the block as I was too drunk - I hadn't even beem drinking!

On another occasion after a Dundalk FC v Drogheda United match I was told to cover up my jersey (a Dundalk jersey in Dundalk!) as she didn't allow football "colours" in her pub. When I informed her that a chap was sitting down at another table wearing a FC Barcelona top I was asked to leave - too drunk apparently, again not drink was consumed, I was just in from the game and dying for a pint! The woman is insane!

Nice pub though, if you're into S&M maybe.

Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Happy Halloween- a bar with spine tingling atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were walking down the main street in Dundalk when we saw the Phoenix Bar. More Halloween decorations than a amusement park's 'House of Horrors'. Our kids wanted to go in, even though we weren't up for a drink, we popped our head in. The owners were extremely friendly, showing us all the Halloween scares. Even brought out life size mechanical witches and skeletons for our amusement! The owner said she makes a big effort for xmas too. The pub might not cater for a family night out, but the owners made our family's night.

Visited October 2013
Dundalk, Ireland
“great bar very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Lovely bar Betty and staff make you feel very welcome good pint .Bar always very well decorated candles flowers etc great music Live irish music twice a week

Visited August 2013