“Beautiful Wedding Day” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Newry, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Wedding Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had our wedding reception in Darver Castle on 21st July 2014. From the day we went to view the castle we were very well looked after and there was no pressure put on us at all to book the venue. Anne, the wedding planner was lovely to deal with and made everything so straightforward. All our guests raved about the venue and the standard of food and many of them commented on how attentive the staff were. From the moment we stepped out of the car, we were under Mary's wing, she even sent us to bed with fresh sandwiches and tea. It really is home from home. Darver castle has it all - character, ambience, scenery, professional, friendly staff and amazing food. Would highly recommend. The Smiths

• Visited July 2014

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Amazing Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had my wedding here on Monday 14th July 2014. to say i had an amazing wedding is an understatement!
Darver Castle is the whole package...great location, amazing staff BEAUTIFUL food... and unbelievable scenery. I couldn’t recommend this place enough.

Anne the wedding planner was brilliant the whole way through and I had little stress as she guided us through everything..and everything she did I put my trust in her and she delivered. On the day of the wedding we were treated like celebrities, the way the room was decorated and everything set up was unreal. I met Mary and Sean on arrival and they did everything for us and waiting on us hand and foot.

The castle is beautiful and very intimate. All my guests LOVED the place. The grounds of Darver are perfect for wedding photos and we had a lovely afternoon with complimentary champagne during our pictures. The reception itself was amazing, and the food was out of this world… many wedding venues I find the food is all the same quite bland but Darver’s food was so beautiful…I still have friends and family telling me how beautiful their meals were.

The whole day was brilliant and the evening reception went out with a bang…all the rooms in the castle are fantastic and have everything you need. Once the party was over Mary made us all sandwiches for before we went to bed!! The breakfast the next morning was beautiful…I am so sad its over as Darver Castle was the perfect place and I really did feel like a princess in the castle.

Thanks again, Anne Sean & Mary and all the staff you were all amazing and first class service!
No wonder this place is 5 Star I would recommend it to EVERYONE… whenever I get to a big milestone in wedding anniversary I would LOVE to come back and renew my vows in Darver.

Darver Castle really is amazing and thank you all so much for my perfect day.

Thanks

The McGinty's...xx

• Visited July 2014
Dundalk, Ireland
“Pleasant & reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I've been there twice. The food is good, the staff are tolerant of children, the restrooms clean. The ambience & décor is pleasant. I've only eaten there on Sunday afternoons. It can be very busy. Book in advance if you can.

Visited July 2014
“Amazing wedding venue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Darver Castle was the most Amazing wedding venue and we could not have wished for better. From our initial visit, we were made feel very welcome and at home. We were searching for a venue that had a 'stately home/house type' feel but with enough space for our 180+ guests and we found exactly what we were searching for in Darver Castle.
The staff go above and beyond in their efforts to make everyone feel welcome and to enjoy every aspect of the day. The food was excellent and we were so happy to see cleared plates on our way around the venue to chat to people.
The Photographs that were taken in the grounds are also stunning and its fantastic to have a venue that is so picturesque. We were incredibly happy with everything on our special day and we would and have recommended Darver to anyone else considering it as a venue.

• Visited September 2013
Newry, United Kingdom
“Great Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

A first class wedding venue in all aspects. The setting, accommodation, food and staff make this place a must for anyone considering wedding venues.

Visited July 2014