“Faultless meal & service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 62 Restaurants in Dundalk
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located in the heart of Dundalk town centre within walking distance of great shopping and the main shopping attractions.This family run business is recommended by visitors and popular with locals. We can offer our guests the flexibility of a delicious bite to eat at breakfast, Lunch or Dinner or a a more indulgent al la cart dinning experience.GROUP BOOKINGS Family Occasions - Working Lunches - Christmas and New Year Parties. A superb choice of food and bar menus to suit every occasion and budget.From initial booking to service, our staff will work with you to create the perfect setting for your event. If you are looking an ideal venue for lively celebrations we can accommodate entertainers, live bands,DJs, and dance floor area. Riva Brasserie can cater for private group bookings of up to 80 persons seated or a 120 buffet style event.EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE DINING HIRE Exclusive hire of the entire restaurant is possible, this allows quests private use of the bar and dinning area for a special event, where the restaurant will be closed to the public.
“Faultless meal & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

After wandering aimlessly around Dundalk looking for a place to eat, my boyfriend & I happened upon Riva, which was full to capacity. We approached the harassed-looking manager Brian fearing the worst, but he immediately suggested, if we didn't mind, seating us outside under the awning. Although it was Dundalk in early September, it was a balmy night & we were delighted with the continental feel & his willingness to accommodate us.
We ordered from the set menu as it looked to be similar the full menu, & was priced at €20 for 3 courses. We both ordered different dishes & sampled everything, & were more delighted with each course as it came out. Brian stopped & bantered with us as he served each course, which added to the night's craic.

Some of the best food I've eaten anywhere, & all six dishes were flawless, which, for just over €50 (including wine & coffee), felt like we were robbing them!
I will make a point of coming back to Dundalk to eat here, but I must especially commend the staff for not turning away two hungry diners from a full restaurant and for being so welcoming.

Co Louth
“Fab Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Myself and my partner ate in Riva about 2 weeks ago. Waiter very attentive and looked after our needs without being annoying. The food was absolutely lovely. I had steak and my partner had fish both cooked to perfection. Side orders of veg and homemade chips very tasty. Good atmosphere, great service, good value.. Riva never fails to impress. Ten out of ten Riva, keep up the good work. We'll be back!

• Visited August 2012
southern ireland
“Top spot in Dundalk !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Ambled across this spot while shopping for bikes for our lads. After walking around for a bit we found Riva brassarie. We were so surprized when we walked in because the outside does not reflect the inside of this tardis like building. It really is impressive inside and would make an amazing function room for any private requirements. Its beautifully decorated with lots of boroque inspired furniture . lots of silver and mirrors. Food was really good and at twenty euros for a three course set meal it was good . All of these restraunts should do a wine deal with the early bird set menu though. I believe it should be 45Euro per couple with a bottle of house . They d have regular bums on seats repeat customers and free advertisement. Nothing like happy customers to spread the news of a great deal !!! I cant get over the amount of places that fail to cop this . Twisting the last cent out of people for coffee at the end of a meal or over charging for wine and dessert is sooooo short sighted . Bums on seats is what counts. Not one trick / never to return customers !!!!! . Do visit Riva as its probably the best for food and atmosphere your likely to fine in the Dundalk region. Enjoy

dundalk, louth ireland
“looking for lunch!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have been here a number of times and have always found it nice and good value for money but yesterday went for meal sunday afternoon and was not happy. There were 4 adults and 2 children. I had the seabass which was on the special board. I'm a real fish lover and this would always be my first choice but I have never seen such a small potion ever. In fact my brother remarked to the waitress that I hadn't ordered a children's portion! My father had the steak from the €20 set menu and again it was very small (€5 supplement which wasn't a small price!). Service was only, ok, I had to ask for water a few times and a coke which i didn't receive. Only 3 tables were occupied so they weren't rushed off their feet. The menu is good and the food is also but have had better for same price

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sligo, Ireland
“lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

really enjoyed my recent night out in riva. it is much larger inside than it looks from the outside. the staff are very friendly. we got a number of dishes which were to die for. everything was so tasty. i will be back

• Visited May 2012