“Give this one a Miss!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ivy House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dundalk
Ivy House
You added Ivy House to your Saves list
Main Street | Blackrock, Dundalk, Ireland   |
Ranked #13 of 14 Dundalk B&B and Inns
Bucks
“Give this one a Miss!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011 via mobile

Booked 2 nights but managed just to get through one. Choice of rooms however doors didn't lock, no shower and not very clean. Owner seemed preoccupied and wandered into our room at 2.30am whilst on phone by mistake. Breakfast cold when we came to eat it and ended up haggling about inflated price when we were leaving. Glad we moved up the coast. Go to Ivy House at your peril...

• Stayed July 2011

Solo
Business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We booked this b&b for 2 nights but only stayed the one night. I suspect that the management there now is not the same as the one that put the website together.

on enetering the sitting room and dining room look clean and quaint. The bedroom was o, if a little crammed. The bathroom was carpeted and was stained around the toilet. We were woken several times in the night, by what sounded like a suitcase being dragged down the stairs and people having sex. The lock on our door didn't work but we were told that this was ok as the only people staying was the manager, her boyfriend and her mum. in the morning my daughter was having a bath and the hot water ran out. we didn't have breakfast as it had been made earlier in the morning and was left out o be heated up.

the manager and staff seemed friendly enough and helpus us up the stairs with the pram, but it wasn;t somewhere i felt comfortable staying.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

My husband and I made an on line reservation for a two night stay at Ivy House. We were running a bit late on the day of our arrival so, out of courtesy, contacted the guest house to explain this. When they answered they denied knowing we had made a booking until my husband quoted the reference at them. They then said there had been a mix up and the room had been let out as they had a wedding party. No explanation or apology and only after my husband asked what they intended to do did they offer to find us another B&B in the similar area. We ideally wanted to be near Dublin but booked Ivy House as it looked nice so were unwilling to undertake a 2 hour trip on the off chance they found us a B&B, especially as we would have no idea what it would be like. We declined this offer and when we asked about getting our deposit back they suggested we could come and pick it up - despite the fact we explained we were currently near Dublin and did not want to travel that far on the off chance of somewhere to stay and a 7 euro refund! We still haven't received any money or an apology.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

I booked 2 double rooms, but when we arrrived approx 7pm in the evening we were advised by reception they only had one room left, I showed my booking confirmation and asked if he chould double check, he simply said they were full and that there was nothing he could do. I said I was not happy and I wanted him to do something, he called his manager Nial and was advised to try another guest house nearby (Green Gates), unfortunately they were not open that evening. I pushed for him to come up with a solution, I was then told they had another room but it would take approx 1 hour to clean. We examined the rooms and were disgusted, the room they were offering us was not en-suite and dingy, the room they were considering cleaning would need DEEP CLEANSING - it was like a squat!! Luckly we were visiting relatives in Blackrock and were able to find accommodation nearly, and to a far superior standard - the Ivy House is not a guest house I would recommend to anybody, not even my worst enemy! I was surprised

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Wexford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

I visited Dundalk recently for a quiet mid-week break. We had nothing booked.
as we walked the town we found a B&B at 17.50 euro per person sharing. It looked fine, s owe decided to give it a try. This has to be the best value in the area. It was spotless, food was excellent and the owner was most helpful in suggesting how we might enjoy ourselves. Why can't more B&Bs off the same prices.?
Well done to Ivy House.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Went to the ivy houseas a couple ,and we stayed for one night but wish we stayed longer , The room was really pleasant and the bath room had its own privet Jacuzzi , The breakfast was very tasty I had two poached eggs and hash browns and my boyfriend had a full Irish .The local area is really nice and there are a good few places to go . We admired the staff and the owner was lovely , very friendly , They made us feel as comfortable as possible and welcome for the whole stay. We will be returning again soon . Thanks Guys Ciara Twamley

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ivy House? Share your experiences!