“Very enjoyable meal, great food and service for this price!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dundalk, Ireland
“Very enjoyable meal, great food and service for this price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Four of us attended the Left Bank and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We all found our food (€25 menu) very tasty, well presented and of generous portions. Service was excellent also. Well worth a visit! Would Definitely have to be considered as one of the best restaurants in Dundalk!

• Visited August 2013

Dundalk, Ireland
“Good food at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Have just returned from a family meal at the above restaurant. I had two starters,a desert and a glass of wine for €14. This arrangement suited perfect as I didn't want a huge meal. The food was absolutely delicious and even my fussy children found plenty of nice things to eat. I thought it was excellent value for money.

• Visited July 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Not worth a visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Maybe I was just unlucky, but the fish I had was simply overcooked, the butter-lemon sauce was partly burnt and the lemon killed what was left of the fish. Drank my wine and left as quickly as I could. Staff was friendly, but that doesn't help if the food is so poor.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A hidden jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We ate in this restaurant twice. First was Sunday lunch and then lunch again the following day. We were first struck by the decor which was to a high specification and tasteful. This would not look out of place in central London. The staff are friendly and attentive without being intrusive.

The food is, in my opinion, of a five star rating. The ingredients are all locally sourced and of a high standard. Every course on both occasions (and we had three courses on both occasions) were remarkable. I highly recommend this restaurant and I am sure the good people of Dundalk will treasure this local resource which clearly attracts business to an ailing local economy.

Visited May 2013
Ireland
“Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have been to the Left Bank on numerous occasions (dinner, Sunday lunch), as a couple and in a group, the decor is fabulous I have found the staff on every occasion helpful and friendly. The Sunday lunch is great value particular if you have children only €5 for their 3 courses including a drink where would you get the same value?? They change their menus regularly doing different specials and I have to say great choices, love their Chilli Beef, Seabass, portions are generous sometimes not enough room for their heavenly desserts so they kindly bag it for me to take home and enjoy later. Yes I do agree the service on a busy night can be a little slow, so what you are on a night out to enjoy yourself and not to be rushed. Yes I will be back again and I do highly recommend this restaurant

• Visited May 2013