“Avoid at all costs overcharged by 17euro” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Avoid at all costs overcharged by 17euro”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We called to this restaurant having come from the beautiful kenmare...bad mistake.. we were encouraged in the door by the owner and shown to a seat where he then told us that the fish of the day was plaice and it was the special of the day...ok so we ordered one each as he said it was flying out the door!!it looked nice but it was just horrible...we eat a tiny bit and left as it tasted just foul...nobody asked us was it ok or anything..just dished it out..it was the closest thing to faulty towers as I have ever seen...the owners in our oponion did not treat their staff with respect etc...do this do that omg...now to finish off our awful meal we were overcharged by 17e...imagine that in our own country...I pity the visitors....and when I pointed it out to the owner it was almost like they overcharged by 1e and it seemed petty to them no apologies..shame on u all but mostly to the owners as ye really dont know how to run a business and ye definitely do not know how to treat your staff...we left hungry and we felt abused by the lack of sympathy towards our pockets..

Dublin
“Avoid. Faulty Towers without the laughs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Worst restaurant experience that I have ever had. Ordered Cajun chicken with rice. What arrived was tough chicken in a brown sauce of unknown origin on soggy rice.

• Visited August 2014
“Ruined Our Day.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We arrived into Glengarriff famished after a long drive around the Beara. We walked the street unsure what we would eat and ended up taking a seat outside the Rainbow Restaurant. After deciding what we'd have, I entered through the restaurant and into the bar where I met a lady to place the order. She was not overly friendly and started by laying down the law that you could only eat in the bar or outside. I should have made up my mind at that point and advised my wife and son we should leave but unfortunately I didn't.
Our confidence was shattered when 2 of the 3 soft drinks served to us were flat. My wife complained and they were changed, but not with clean glasses. We knew we were in for a poor meal when it was obvious 2 of our drinks were poured from opened big bottles.
Sure enough we were not disappointed. My wife's toasted sandwich was not nice at all. I had chowder but it contained very little fish and when I felt the brown bread and found it was stale I just left it. Even when I went to pay there was drama, as a member of staff was having a row with the lady I ordered from.
The end result is we felt disgusted we stopped here and it ruined what was otherwise a very enjoyable day. It was an awful experience.

• Visited August 2014
Limerick, Ireland
“Is this for people or for animals?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

To be honest I don`t know why anybody would want to eat here as everything we ordered was absolutely DISGUSTING. A health inspector needs to come as this place is well below standards. There were dead flies all over the windowsill and the oil used to cook the food needs to be changed as the Chicken goujons tasted as they had been cooked in the same oil as fish. The lamb was swimming in sauce and you couldn't even taste the lamb because of the sauce. After my dining experience at the rainbow I now know what dog food tastes like. If you want some advice, stay away from The Rainbow. :(

• Visited July 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

When we went in the chicken curry smelt very nice so I ordered it my Mother ordered the pizza, the curry was bland and gave me indigestion which is not me especially after only eating half of it, the pizza was a frozen one that was reheated but was low quality to start. This is probably a very good pub but they need to get a Chef to look at the food rather than go for maximum profit I left the place feeling like a victim

Visited August 2014