“Back where we were 11 yrs ago today!” 5 of 5 stars

Glasson Country House Hotel & Golf Club
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Glasson, Athlone, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Mullingar
“Back where we were 11 yrs ago today!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Celebrated our anniversary back where we had our wedding reception. Love going back to Glasson Hotel - Not only for the memories but also for the lovely welcome we always receive.

This time we had the 'casual dining experience' and enjoyed delicious a meal in the bar, great atmosphere.

In the morning we went for at nice stroll on the grounds and down to the lake, its beautiful.

Already looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GlassonCountryHouse, Owner at Glasson Country House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear ClodaghF,
First of all Happy Anniversary it is wonderful to hear that you have such happy memories of Glasson and we are delighted to extend the Warm Glasson Welcome to you each time you stay.
It is wonderful to be able to welcome back all the Bride's & Groom's who trusted us with their Special Day.
Hopefully we will be welcoming you back for many more Anniversaries and thank you again for sharing your Glasson Experience.
Fidelma Reid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I visited this hotel on chance during our recent tour of Ireland, we found a gem. The staff were very helpful, our room was large and had wonderful views over the golf course, surrounding countryside and the lake The underfloor heating in the bathroom was a lovely touch. We would definitely stay here again.

Dear AnnW,
Thank you for sharing your Glasson Experience is is great to hear that you found a gem, I am delighted that you had the opportunity during your stay in Ireland to experience the warm Glasson welcome. It is great to know that you will definitely stay with us again and hopefully we will be welcoming you back to Ireland again in the near future.
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

From time to time I have occasion to be in the Athlone area. I generally opt to stay in the Glasson Country House Hotel. Why do I choose this hotel? It is probably a combination of the bright, welcoming voice at the other end of the phone when I am booking; the calm, relaxed feeling when I enter the driveway leading to the hotel; the scenic location of the hotel; the warm atmosphere which tends to permeate a family- owned business; the personable and kind staff members; the obvious interest and attention to detail of the owners, Tom and Breda; the attractive ambience of the hotel and the comfort of the rooms. Glasson village and Athlone town are very close by, and the location of the hotel is quite central in relation to the rest of the country.
I don't play golf, and I don't avail of gym equipment, but I always enjoy a relaxing break when I spend time in this hotel. The lake and golf course help to create a very relaxing environment.
My most recent visit was earlier in October this year, and as usual the hotel lived up to my expectations. I was given a quiet room so that I wouldn't be disturbed by a social event which was taking place in the hotel that night. The bedroom was large and modern, but cosy, and the bathroom was spacious and warm. The food was excellent and the service was efficient, welcoming and warm. I look forward to my next visit there.

Room Tip: If you discuss your room requirements with the receptionist, he/she will try to accomodate your need...
Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Barbara278,
Thank you so much for your review and your loyalty to Glasson, it is always a pleasure to welcome familiar faces back to Glasson so frequently. It is such a major boost when we see our Guests returning time and time again, it is a great indication that we are providing you all with the right service and location. Our Warm Family atmosphere is probably our biggest selling point and what really does ensure that we see people coming back again and again.
Thank you again for sharing your Glasson Experience and looking forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.
Western Ireland, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Attended a wedding here in early Oct which was 1st class but besides that the hotel was perfect.

Reception very friendly and efficient. Room was large, modern and bathroom was as good as I've seen anywhere. The hotel is located a short drive from Athlone so its very central and easy to get to yet when you are there you feel secluded from everywhere. The very good golf course which surrounds the hotel adds to the atmoshere of the place.

Barfood and service were top class and the two gentleman managers who were on for the wedding and the next day in the bar along with the other staff (particually the Turkish gentleman) are an example to the hotel industry.

Only a slight issue I would point out is B'fast. I loved the fact that it was the old part of the house and to be fair it has a relaxed feel to it due to the layout of the rooms. However the staff here were a little less friendly and lacked the efficiency of other areas but to be honest I still enjoyed breakfast.

Dear thinksink,
I am so delighted that you had a 1st class time at the wedding and also found the hotel perfect. Our central yet tranquil location in Ireland is a great advantage for weddings with Guests travelling from all four corners of Ireland every weekend. It is so nice to hear that our Managers and staff were an example to the hotel industry. I have passed your feedback on to them both and Umit and they are thrilled with your compliments. We will definitely improve on breakfast in the future.
Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Glasson in the future and thank you again for your feedback.
Dundalk, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We are four married couples who meet occasionally for a long week-end of wining, dining and golf. We have just experienced four wonderful days at Glasson Hotel and Country Club. For us it ticked all the boxes. The owners, Tom and Breda, and all their staff were most welcoming and obliging in every way. The bedrooms were spacious and ultra comfortable. The foyer, bar and restaurant were bright and spotless with marvellous views of the scenic Lough Ree. The golf course was in great condition with some really challenging and attractive holes. The food was faultless and the service very prompt despite the fact that the hotel was really busy with weddings and other events. All in all, a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a Deluxe room with a lake view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear briancrombie,
Thank you so much for sharing your Glasson Experience with us and I delighted to hear that you and your friends had a wonderful experience. It is great to know that we ticked all the boxes, our Team work really hard to make sure every Guest has a great time from the Night Porter to the Reception staff. We are very proud of the effort they put in all year round. I have passed your review on to all the team. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My family and I met here for a celebration. We found the service appalling. Some staff rude and obviously not able to cope with the large crowd that were present. I had requested a private dining room which I was told was available when I originally booked however this was changed to an area which I was told was 'private' in the bar area. I can only assume we were moved to accommodate a larger booking. We also requested two highchairs but only one was available. On the plus side the food was quite good with generous portions and good value for money. Despite this I will not return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GlassonCountryHouse, Owner at Glasson Country House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear 775Ritchie123,
Thank you for feedback and sincere apologies that you did not experience the real Glasson, we work very hard to always try and ensure that all our Guests are happy with their Glasson Experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your food and that you found Glasson to be good value.
We will discuss your feedback at our weekly management meeting to ensure that we learn from your feedback. We would like to welcome you back in the future and please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally ensure that you receive the true Glasson Experience.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

As a Golf Society (Swallows, Leopardstown Golf Centre) 19 of our members had a very memorable overnight stay (with golf) at Glasson last week. We had a wonderful welcome from the staff - most of our rooms were ready for occupation. Golf was great and the attention from staff at our meal later and our après meal was second to none. A wonderful experience and one to be recommended to all. This was our third visit to Glasson and the service and ambiance just gets better. A huge thank you to all - Maria Blair, Captain, 2013.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent. Rooms on the 3rd floor have balconies overlooking the lake which is...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Maria Angela B,
Thank you so much for sharing your Glasson Experience and I was delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. It was a pleasure to welcome the Swallows back to Glasson once again and it is a true testament to all the Glasson team, when our guests return year after year. We are very proud of the effort that all the team put in throughout the year to ensure a warm Glasson Welcome.
Thank you once again for sharing your Glasson Experience and we are looking forward to welcoming you all back again in the near future.
Fidelma Reid

Been to Glasson Country House Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!