“Disappointing Sunday Dinner” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Ireland
“Disappointing Sunday Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Myself and my husband had Sunday lunch in Top Deck, we were very disappointed. I had the spring rolls for starter, they were lovely, my husband had the chicken wings, he didn't enjoy them and they were cold and had a tangy sauce. I had the Thai Green Curry for main, it was a let down, my husband had the Steak Sandwich, although there was NO steak in the steak sandwich, he asked for no onions yet it was served with onions. He had toblerone cheesecake and it didn't taste like cheesecake more like cream on very very hard biscuit, he had to cut with a knife! Disappointing lunch.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Westmeath
“Fab food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Fab food although portions could be a little bigger and the desert was to die for. We were there on a Thursday evening after work and it was buzzing, great to see it so busy. Looking forward to going back!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carrboro, North Carolina
“Best Bet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Excellent service, great food, and week night special pricing.
The wine selection was good, and we loved the seafood!

Visited July 2013
Far far away
“Small, Friendly and Efficient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We arrived in Athlone relatively late and after trying to get into a few different restaurants, we tried our luck here. We didn't have a reservation, so the Maitre d', who turned out to be the owner, said that he'd have a table for us but would need it back an hour later - that was fine by us. The restaurant was very busy so at times, it was a bit hard to attract the waitress' attention. Every table has a button on it to press for service though so not a major issue.
My husband started with Chicken Wings and went on to have the sirloin steak. He thoroughly enjoyed both. I had Vegetable Fajitas for my main, but I found it to be quite oily. Having said that, It tasted great, so I did enjoy it. I highly recommend their Apple Strudel with Ice Cream for dessert - lovely! We were able to watch the Maitre D' navigate the waitresses around and seating people very effiently as they arrived - he definitely ran a tight ship (excuse the pun!).Would definitely come back here, but we'd make sure to book first.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Monaghan
“nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Place a bit small. food is delicious with the steaks cooked exactly as requested. only point I make is that the portions could be a little bigger. dessert fab

Visited August 2013