“A perfect alternative to eating inside, despite the sun” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International, Bistro, Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
New York City, New York
“A perfect alternative to eating inside, despite the sun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The food was delicious: spaghetti alla carbonara done properly, a goat cheese and roasted peppers sandwich very generous for its price and the beer delivered by hand from the next door pub. All with a smile.The restaurant sits in the shadow of the Athlone Castle, which adds to the charm.

Visited August 2013

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had an excellent meal here, great food and a very relaxed ambience. The 2 girls looking after us were great craic,so friendly and chatty. The decor was unusual, striking a nod to the music tradition of the area. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited August 2013
Georgetown, Texas
“7/2013 - Excellent Lamb Shank”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I ducked in to the Melody to avoid and short rain shower and have lunch as an afterthought. What great luck! I had to have my favorite lamb shank (had it again at another restaurant that evening) and my wife had a leek and parsnips soup with a green salad. I like lamb shank! But this shank was perfectly cooked and the flavoring was excellent; my wife raved about the soup. This is more of a cafe for locals, but I would recommend seek it out, especially for the excellent food and very reasonable prices. Larry & Kelly, Georgetown, Texas

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Never again!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went in for lunch today with my partner, we stood and waited to be seated for about 2 minutes and no one attended to us at all so we seated ourselves, we waited another 5 minutes for a waiter to bring us a menu, the male waiter stood around and practically ignored us, i stood up and got two menus for us, we then waited another 7 minutes for the male waiter to come over and take our order, i ordered the soup and sandwich,the waiter didnt inform me of how many fillings i was allowed or if i wanted it toasted or not, we ordered tea and cappucinno to drink, it was ready sitting on the counter for about 5 minutes and when he brought it over it was luke warm, i timed the food, it took 25 minutes to make 2 soups and a sandwich, the soup was cold and didnt taste at all like carrot and corriander.
The service was disgraceful and they didnt seem to be that bothered about keeping thier customers happy either.. will not be going there again!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Just give it a miss”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend had seen crowds of people here so we thought it must be good so we said we would give it a try..WRONG..we walked in and stood for 2 minutes before we decided to sit down of our own accord..then we were seated for 3 or 4 minutes and nobody came over with even a menu so again we decided to do it of our own accord..and then to top it all off after we had ordered it took them 20 mins to make 2 sandwiches and bowl of soup..JOKE

• Visited August 2013