“one night stay over with family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Northgate Street, Athlone, Ireland (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“one night stay over with family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

can say want i want to say about this hotel in about 10 words, Lovely, welcoming, friendly, relaxing, clean, spacious, rooms fab, food fab, location fab, return deffinate. Well done radisson blu you really do look after your guests from start to finish, Athmosphere very friendly and relaxing and got a brill deal, will be on the look out for the next one so pleeeeeeeeeeeeese do will retrun as soon as we can and that is a group of eight of us thanks

Room Tip: ask for a river view gorgeous and a business room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Jenny,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. We are delighted to get such an outstanding review. We pride ourselves on having everything you need for your stay, from a relaxing drink in the Quayside Bar and Lounge to a wonderful meal in Elements restaurant. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in the hotel and that you loved your room. We are very customer focused and strive to ensure that all our guests are looked after as soon as they arrive. We do hope you get the opportunity to return to us soon and enjoy some of the wonderful attractions that Athlone has to offer.

Sinead Marron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed here in December for my christmas party and really enjoyed it , its a lovely cosy hotel and very chilled . The food was gorgeous breakfast was so tasty and hot and the staff were really friendly , I would definitely stay again in the Summer !

Room Tip: We stayed in business class so had a beautiful view of the river makes waking up in the morning very...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jenny,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with the hotel. We make every effort to ensure our guests have an enjoyable time during their stay. We appreciate your comments regarding our Super Buffet Breakfast and I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our staff.

We look forward to your visit during Summer.

Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Very poor event management. I booked 3 rooms for an event to be open as one for 3 Saturdays, contract signed, confirmation sent, etc. Without my knowledge they opened only 2 rooms together and the third room was offered to a new client. Both events clashed and caused a lot of drama. After speaking with the hotel Staff (Tanya and Aisling) you realised that you as a client mean nothing to the Hotel and they made the decision themselves to go behind your back hoping for an extra revenue. Very poor business, no Customer Service, no apology. After the phone conversation you were left in disbelief about how the Staff can treat a business client such poorly and with no respect. We placed our booking for the whole year but I am now cancelling everything due to the above.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Crossgar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Just home having enjoyed a 2 night stay at this hotel. Staff at reception were very efficient and we found all the staff to be friendly. The room was fantastic and overlooked the river Shannon.
We ate in the restaurant both evenings and food was outstanding. Breakfast was rather busy but staff were on hand rto keep all running steady. Plenty of food to choose from and I loved the pancake maker!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
Dear Catherine,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you were delighted with your room. Our river view rooms are very popular with our guests. We are very fortunate to have such wonderful views of the River Shannon from the hotel. Customer service is very important to us and it is great to know that you found our staff to be very efficient and friendly. I will pass on your kind words to all staff. The pancake maker is a new addition to our Super Buffet Breakfast and is proving to be a hit with our guests.

We look forward to you visiting us again.

Sligo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We celebrated the annual anniversary of our engagement at this wonderful hotel. Everything from the minute we checked in was just fantastic, our suite looking over the river as requested always brings back wonderful memories of my husband proposing to me there, our dinner in the restaurant was amazing as was breakfast and last but not least the staff were welcoming & helpful as always. Looking forward to next year ! Thank you Radisson Blu Athlone !

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Maryjam,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone.
Congratulations on the anniversary of your engagement - we love to hear about proposals that take place in the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in one of our fabulous river view suites and that it brought back some wonderful memories for you both. I am delighted that the food in our Elements Bistro exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all staff and to the chef regarding the food.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel next year.

Galway, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Radisson the 10th & 11th Jan. I booked a standard double room. The check in process was very efficient.

Now to the room…. The toilet was absolutely filthy. We requested to be moved to a different room. The second room seemed ok. The pressure in the shower was terrible and the wooden panel on the side of the bath was rotten. We’d get over these issues. However, when my husband picked up his towel after his shower, he found it was dirty. This was NOT acceptable. He spoke to the Manager who was very apologetic and we were moved to a suite with €25 to be taken off our bill. The suite was lovely – even if the duvet cover was ripped - but all we’re interested in is a clean room. If I wanted a suite, I’d have booked one!

Breakfast was fine, nothing special. We were told to take a seat anywhere and had to find a waitress to order our tea and coffee. Usually, we find that the order is taken when you’re shown to your table. They seemed to be very short staffed, because the manager was clearing tables. We didn’t eat in the hotel bar or restaurant – we had planned to on the Friday night, but decided to give it a miss after the saga with the rooms.

The following day, we came back to the hotel to find our room keys wouldn’t work. Not so much as an apology from the receptionist. On check out, our bill was wrong and we had to speak to the manager again to get it sorted out. The receptionist on duty at the time, I think her name was Kasia, was very polite.

Overall, we were very disappointed with the Radisson. While the manager looked after us and dealt efficiently with our complaints, this hotel is definitely not up to standard. The manager described it himself as “Fawlty Towers”. The Leisure Centre could also do with a bit of work – for example, the lock on one of the shower cubicles didn’t work. We’re not overly fussy and have never had reason to complain in a hotel before, but filthy toilets and dirty towels are an exception.

Athlone is a lovely town for a weekend away, and I would visit again in a heartbeat. I’ll probably book the Sheraton next time. My advice: stay well away from the Radisson.

Dear IrishGal010,

I appreciate you taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. I am extremely disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced during your stay in the hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise and I would be happy to talk to you in depth about your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed in this Hotel on Saturday 11th January for one night only and to be honest it was one night too many,
The room was nice but the staff were so unfriendly on arrival to reception and the "Bar Manager" was rude unhelpful and let his place of employment down

Room Tip: room 113 was nice
Dear John,

I appreciate you taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. I am disappointed to hear that you were unimpressed with our staff. We regularly receive positive feedback regarding our staff and it is unfortunate that you did not experience this during your stay. I am sorry to hear that you found the Bar Manager unhelpful; I will look into this immediately.

I do hope should you choose to stay with us again that you will have a more enjoyable experience.

Sinead Marron

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone? Share your experiences!