“Good Location and great staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Northgate Street, Athlone, Ireland (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Kildare, Ireland
“Good Location and great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night with my husband on our way to Galway. Hotel is in a great location and staff are extremely friendly. Room had lovely views and was on a corner so the size of the room seemed very small. Bathroom was standard size and nothing special. We had a drink in the bar and staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfast was very good and great selection available. Would go back and stay here again as location would bring you back together with the staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Justin_Lowry, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Dermotswoman
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay. I look forward to sharing your very kind feedback with the entire staff. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your constructive feedback. We hope to see you back at the hotel in the near future.

Radisson Blu Hotel Athlone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

nice hotel, efficient staff, dealt with swiftly and efficiently at reception. Breakfast was good, hot and served fast. Rooms were nice, a little small, but comfortable. Free parking, didnt make use of the leisure centre, although I observed the pool is fairly short, 16.5 metres.
Would recommend

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mary 999
Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to provide a review of your experience with us and for choosing to stay at The Radisson Blu Hotel .It was always great to receive positive feedback from our Guests especially regarding the staff and i look forward to sharing your very kind feedback with the entire team.

Galway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Radisson hotel in Athlone is located on the River Shannon, with a lovely decking area, if it's warm enough, to sit out on and admire the river and the flotilla of boats - sadly, in April, it wasn't that warm, but still lovely to pretend it's almost summer, sitting out with a drink - and several layers of clothes!
Hotel staff are friendly & helpful - check-in was smooth and hassle free.
Room felt a bit overcrowded with furniture - but it was well appointed. Not sure how old the hotel is, but might be time to start looking at updating some of the furnishings (eg, cigarette burn in curtain).
Breakfast next day was self service and well supplied - bit of a rush for eggs, but will do to order.
Leisure centre has small pool & sauna - was nice & peaceful but nothing spectacular.
Bar staff were helpful - but short on supplies for making cocktails or certain sandwiches!
Overall good stay, in good location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river & cathedral - the view is lovely
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Katb15
Thank you for taking to the time to write your review.I would agree with you about the terrace it is fantastic are to enjoy a drink or to have a bite to eat. We are currently replacing all of the curtains in the rooms. I hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Rooms raslly clean and new. Bathroom all modern with bath and shower. Excellent location in town and rear of hotel looks onto marina. View from bar really nice. Staff great restaurant is really a bistro but nevertheless very nice and really good food. We would go back again to hotel but there is really not much to do in athlone.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Ruby
Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was delighted to read that you found the rooms to be of a very high standard. It is wonderful to hear you enjoy the food and have been impressed with our Elements restaurant. I am glad to read that you will visit our hotel again. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Enfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed on the Valentine's Weekend. I booked over the phone and told the receptionist that my husband and I would be the guests. However, the room was very basic in my opinion for a four star. I have stayed in other hotels where the rooms are of a much higher quality. Aside from the basic rooms we were given two single beds pushed together which resulted in one of us falling in between the beds at various stages of the night. Not romantic and not what we paid for.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel I stayed in other hotels in Athlone which were of a much higher standard.

Room Tip: As crazy as it sounds ask for a double bed if a couple not two single beds pushed together.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Aisw
Thank you for taking to the time to write your review
I am very disappointed to hear that you where not completely happy with your stay in our hotel. I have brought the issues up at our recent standards review meeting
Some of our bedrooms would have ‘zip and link’ beds – when joined together these are made into a double bed and if required, they can be used as 2 single beds. Many hotels would have these type of beds, however I am very disappointed to hear your bed was not joined properly and I apologise that you had an uncomfortable night’s sleep. I have spoken with our accommodation department in relation to your experience and I can assure you this is not our standard.

Please contact me directly as I would like to discuss the matter further with you as I would be delighted to make amends.
Thanks and Regards
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Room 420, same room set-up and furnishings as before. All lovely and well kept. Bathroom large with a seriously strong shower. Mini fridge and bar utensils to hand. Free wi-fi and parking. Did not use the leisure facilities on this trip (one night stay). Breakfast was cooked to order in the morning and was very tasty (looks like they usually do a buffet on busier mornings). Whereas the hotel was boiling hot on my previous visit, this time I was struggling to get it warmed up, but did eventually. The window was poorly sealed and I could hear whistling through it as it was a very windy day. Closing the heavier curtains did block out most of the noise in the end. Also, no disco was going on downstairs this time so had a restful nights sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear dgrbleu2

Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was disappointed to hear you where not 100% happy with your room. I have passed on these comments to our maintenance staff. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and enjoyed your overall stay with us. I will be sending on your comments to all the team here at the hotel.

Justin Lowry
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have attended business conferences at this hotel for the past 3 years and would have no hesitation in recommending it. The rooms are immaculate and particularly nice if you get a verandah overlooking the Shannon. Beautiful food and excellent conference facilities. Only slight gripes would be that the leisure centre is fairly limited and there is a bottle storage area beside the conference room which can create some noise. But overall a lovely classy hotel in a convenient central location.

Room Tip: If at all possible get a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gopaleen
Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was delighted to read that you were impressed with our service. It is wonderful to hear you enjoy the food and have been impressed with our conference facilities. We are going to review the bottle bins procedure and hope to make eliminate the noise. We hope to see have you stay in our hotel again soon in the near future.

Radisson Blu Hotel Athlone

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone? Share your experiences!