“Hen Party ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Hen Party ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I had my hen party in this hotel on the 3rd of May 2014 and I cannot recommend it highly enough!! From start to finish we were treated with great care and attention. The hotel organised all our activities which were fantastic. We started out with afternoon tea in the hotel in a reserved area and it was delicious everything was so fresh and tasty, it hit the spot nicely. Afterwards we had a 5 min walk to the river cruise which was brilliant fun! We returned to the hotel and got ready for the evening events and our highlight was definitely the cocktail making class!! There were 15 of us and each hen got to make 3 different cocktails and we were given time to enjoy each drink before making the next! Benny was excellent demonstrating for us! We then had dinner which was fabulous not one complaint from anyone. The hotel had also reserved an area for us in the bar and also in the niteclub karma. It's fantastic having everything in the one location. The rooms were spotless and quite spacious. The staff are so helpful and friendly in this hotel and I can't wait to go back for a weekend here.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Noepe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I had previously reviewed this hotel and gave it the only scathing review I've ever posted on TripAdvisor. Well, I've found I can take back every negative word I said. This hotel has done a complete 360. The attention to detail that had bothered me so much two or so years ago is no more.

I was willing to give the place another go because it's a great stopping over point when heading west from Dublin. Athlone itself may not be the so fabulous, but everything you might possiblly need can be obtained in town before heading further out west. There are all sort of shops and two major shopping centres. The hotel is cental to almost all of them. And the hotel is an each jump off the motorway.

I had landed in Dublin late in the afternoon, and was comfortably settled in my room that evening. From the moment I set foot in the lobby, I could see that the hotel had undergone a major change. The elevator button was no longer covered in duck tape. That was a good sign....

And the changes went beyond the fresh coat of paint and new (or very well cleaned) hallway rugs.

My room was sparkingly clean. Every bit of attention to detail had been made. My room faced the tower of St. Mary's church across the way, and the nightclub below, but I never heard a bit of sound through the double set of windows.

All in all, I was thrilled with the change to the place, and will stay again the next time I'm in Ireland.

Kudos to the staff for all of their hard work in making such a tremendous difference. And thank you for a lovely stay that was the perfect jumping off point to another fabulous visit to Ireland.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

If you are planning a hen go to this hotel never met staff so helpful from beginning to end .the food was superb followed by a great band in the bar and then to top it off a fab night club called karma at the side of hotel you don't need to travel around town to find a better spot we all have agreed that we will return and for the record there was 27 of us in total from different parts of Ireland and no complaints whatsoever ever

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Monaghan, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed here for 1 nights b&b with an evening meal. Really enjoyed our stay, room was big bright and clean , onsuite had a seperate bath and shower and the shower was amazing!! Location was perfect, food was perfect. What more would you want.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Duleek, Meath, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed here for a stag last October. Rooms were lovely, bar was very lively and had lovely grub, breakfast was really good too. Ideal place to stay with a group as it's smack bang in the centre of Athlone!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

With the exception of the first woman at reception, we had a nice stay here. She seemed befuddled about finding a copy of a map of the city, and making recommendations for dining, outside the hotel. Our room was clean and modern.
Athlone is a perfect location for taking a day trip to the monastic site of Clonmacnoise.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Brilliant place was there sat night with a group of 20 girls for a hen party we all had a lovely time food was great and rooms were very clean , the staff was real friendly will definitely pay a visit again

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Prince of Wales Hotel? Share your experiences!