“Favourite local place for Italian food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Athlone, Ireland
“Favourite local place for Italian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

There is many places offering pizza, or Italian cuisine in Athlone, but Il Colosseo is definitely the best! I did my son's communion dinner in there, I sometimes go there with my husband for a romantic dinner, I even drop in with friends for a quick coffee/dessert/salad, while my children are in Karate dojo nearby. Yesterday I ordered six pizzas for collection, and was treated a bottle of wine on the house! No need to say, I ate my "Roma" pizza from edge to edge, entirely! (thats why I ordered six of them - to not have to share ;) Pastas and desserts are also worth a praise - best tiramisu ever!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Athlone, Ireland
“Good Italian food and great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

located 5 mins from the centre of Athlone Il Colosseo is a great place for familiy and friends. The service is always consistently friendly and the food represents great value for money. Access is up a very steep stairs but the restaurant has a bit of character, is generally busy and the menu is sufficiently varied to provide ample choice. I usually find it hard to pass their bruschetta as a starter and their pizzas and pastas are always tempting.

Visited April 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“italian meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Enjoyed my mushroom pasta, lovely n hot.my sister had chicken in a sauce but was offered chips with it.it didn, t go, pasta would have been a much better choice. A bit cramped and the staff were very busy..would go back just not at a busy period.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Seven of my friends and I recently dined here and had a very enjoyable time. I had the Thai Fettuccine which was very tasty.

Dublin, Ireland
“Most ignorant waiter I have ever encountered!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Went here for my birthday- firstly there was a mix up with our table- i pointed out to the waiter they had mixed us up with another table and he said to me, "so?" I didn't even receive an apology and we were left cramped-12 people at a table for 8! Service was dreadful from this waiter - cannot remember his name, (tall thin dark guy who thinks he is handsome!) his ignorance and lack of customer service skills ruined our night. I got 'duck' which was presented like a rat on the plate- have never seen anything like it in my life! will never go back to this restaurant because of that *sshole.

• Visited February 2014