“Most ignorant waiter I have ever encountered!!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Most ignorant waiter I have ever encountered!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Went here for my birthday- firstly there was a mix up with our table- i pointed out to the waiter they had mixed us up with another table and he said to me, "so?" I didn't even receive an apology and we were left cramped-12 people at a table for 8! Service was dreadful from this waiter - cannot remember his name, (tall thin dark guy who thinks he is handsome!) his ignorance and lack of customer service skills ruined our night. I got 'duck' which was presented like a rat on the plate- have never seen anything like it in my life! will never go back to this restaurant because of that *sshole.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“Great food...pity about the service! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

A group of us were in il colosseo last night for a birthday dinner. The food was absolutely fabulous and was very very decently priced. Everyone really enjoyed their meal and also we were allowed bring our own wine which was a massive plus :)

What we were disappointed with was the service......! When we arrived the birthday girl noticed the table was only set up for 8 people although the booking was for 12. She had originally made the booking for 15 and earlier in the day she rang and changed to 12. The waiter said they received a second call to say to change it to 8. Waiter was insisting that she rang twice and made the last booking for 8...he seemed to want to row instead of just see that he had extra people to feed (i would imagine most businesses would like to have extra custom??!!) A big song and dance ensued where they added another table and they did this in a very moody fashion.

Anyways later in the night we noticed a table beside us had 8 people at it but table was set for 12. The mistake, on their part, was really very obvious at this stage! When the birthday girl pointed this out the waiter said...."yes..SO!" and off he walked. It was the most shocking customer service I have ever seen. Here we were squashed together like sardines and made feel guilty for the restaurants mistake!!

Now, I am sure if I was to visit this restaurant again it would be fine. The same said waiter seemed very friendly to other couples and small groups nearby.

As said above the food was great and very well priced so I would recommend this place...but do try and stay on the right side of the moody waiter!

“Absolutely delicious ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Everything about this place deserves 5 stars - food is absolutely Devine it melts in your mouth.. Service is top notch no complaints what so ever.. Fast fresh food delivered with a smile. Nice and clean inside with a nice smell of food coming from the kitchen as you walk in.. If you like Itialian food this is a most. I'll certainly be back. Packed out on a wet dull Tuesday night not many places you see like that anymore just goes to show why.. Fairplay to the whole team from owner to the person washing the dishes place is a little gem.

Athlone, Westmeath, Ireland
“Lovely Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Have been here twice - once for my birthday and once for my partners graduation. Both times the service was excellent and food was beautiful. Also great that you can bring your own wine.Would definitely return.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Athlone, Ireland
“still as good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Hadn't been here for a while and dined here again in early November, had a great meal, food is really tasty anwd service top notch.. BYO is great. Will be back soon

Visited November 2013